Call of Duty: Black Ops IIEdit
In Campaign the Fast Mag perk decreases the reload time for every weapon making it very useful with LMGs, Launchers and Special Weapons since they don't have the Fast Mag attachment available. Both the Fast Mag perk and attachment are available in the campaign, effectively reducing the reload time by 75% if both are equipped.
It replaces the Sleight of Hand perk from previous Call of Duty games by decreasing the time it takes to reload the weapon. It acts in a similar manner to the Dual Mags attachment except that every reload is fast instead of every other reload and does not give extra reserve ammo.
For most weapons, it utilizes the same method as Dual Mags, taping two magazines together. However, the even reloads are also sped up. For weapons that don't have magazines that can be taped, the reload is simply faster, and in some cases may play a slightly different animation. For an example, a PDW-57 or M1216 magazine will be allowed to drop free via gravity instead of being removed by hand. The MP7's empty reload animation will use the bolt release to chamber a round.
For pump-action shotguns, it reloads two shells at a time, instead of one. For the Executioner, it reloads all five shells at the same time through a speed reloader.
In the zombies map Origins, the Fast Mag is available on the SCAR-H (Agarthan Reaper) via the Pack-A-Punch. It does not appear on the first upgrade, but upgrading it again gives the chance of it appearing. It works the same as its counterparts in Multiplayer and Campaign.
|All compatible assault rifles|
|Dual Mags||The cocking animations for the SCAR-H, Galil, FAL and S12 are altered.|
|All sniper rifles|
|Sped up reloading animations||The MP7 and the Vector K10 are cocked differently (the bolt release is used).|
|Altered reloading animations||The PDW-57 is also cocked differently (the bolt release is used).|
|Remington 870 MCS|
|Each two shells reloaded at a time|
- The Peacekeeper, SWAT-556, FAL OSW, M27, SCAR-H and M8A1 all have similar reload animations with Fast Mag, where the first reload is the regular Dual Mag reload, and the second is a sped up version of the M27's reload.
- Pistols that are equipped with Fast Mag have a Magpul attached to their magazines.
- Fast Mag paired with the Grenade Launcher will cause the launcher to reload quicker.
- When reloading the second magazine, one can see the cartridges in the magazine are in 2D instead of 3D.
- Magazines of weapons with Fast Mag will always look different in third person.