Castro in "Five".
|Appears in||Call of Duty: Black Ops|
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (mentioned only)
|Rank||Prime Minister of Cuba
President of Cuba
|Affiliations||Cuba, Tropas, Soviet Union|
|Birth||August 13, 1926, Birán, Oriente Province, Cuba|
|Weapon||M1911, Python w/ ACOG, any weapon obtained by the player in "Five".|
|Timeline||Black Ops Timeline |
|Voice Actor||Gustavo Rex (Campaign)
Marlon Correa (Zombies)
- "¡Viva la Revolución!"
- — Fidel Castro
Fidel Alejandro Castro Ruz is the Prime Minister of Cuba and is an antagonist in the Campaign of Call of Duty: Black Ops, but a protagonist and playable character in the Zombies map "Five". His player indicator color is green. (Shared with Edward Richtofen and Michael Rooker.)
Call of Duty: Black Ops Edit
Castro appears in the mission "Operation 40", where Mason, Woods, and Bowman's mission is to assassinate Fidel Castro. Mason successfully kills a double who they believed to be Castro, but it is later revealed in the same mission by Castro himself that Mason killed a double. When trying to escape in an airplane from Cuba, they are faced by a blockade and Mason is forced to jump off to help cover the escape of the rest of the Op 40 members on the mission. Mason is later captured by Lev Kravchenko and several Tropas soldiers, and Castro turns him over to Dragovich at the Rusalka.
Call of Duty: Black Ops II Edit
In the beginning of Black Ops II, Jason Hudson mentions Castro and the Russian forces being all over Angola, preventing the CIA from going in to extract Woods. While the Tropas are seen in Angola, Castro himself does not appear. In the Cuban outpost where Menendez was talking to Kravchenko on the radio, a portrait of Castro is seen next to a Cuban flag.
He is also available as a playable character in the Zombies map "Five", where he was discussing the Cuban Missile Crisis with John F. Kennedy, Robert McNamara, and Richard Nixon when the zombies attacked. In many parts of "Five" cigars just like Castro's are seen.
- Main article: "Five"/Quotes#Fidel Castro
- The role of the currently retired former President of Cuba as an antagonist in the Call of Duty series has sparked international controversy. Cuba has accused the U.S. of "trying to do virtually what it has failed to do for 50 years."
- It is shown that Castro thinks highly about Richard Nixon since he says he reminds him of his comrade Che Guevara, Castro's best friend who fought alongside him in the Cuban Revolution.
- Of all the four playable characters in "Five" he is the last one still alive in real life.
- Castro can be heard in one of the telephones in Ascension.
- He is the first playable character in Zombies to be Hispanic.
- He, Danny Trejo, and Raul Menendez are currently the only playable characters in the series that are Hispanic.
- Pictures of him were seen in the Black Ops II behind the scenes video for Town.
- When Castro is waiting for his Pack-A-Punched gun, he will sometimes whistle the tune of Speed Cola.
- He is second playable antagonist in the Call of Duty series, the first being Edward Richtofen and the third being Raul Menendez.