|First to Fight|
|Game||Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Nintendo DS)|
|Team||United States Marine Corps|
|Weapons||M16A4 (30+170), 5 Fragmentation grenade,|
|Enemy weapons||AK-47, RPG-7|
|Place||Marine base in the unnamed middle eastern country.|
|Date||Day 1 (2011)|
|Objective||Go to firing range
Pick up the M16
Shoot four targets
Shoot four targets using Aim Down Sight (ADS) mode
Shoot four targets while crouched
Pick up the grenades
Throw grenades through the indicated doors and windows
Report to Sgt. Vance
Complete place charge trial
Complete disarm charge trial
Move to bombing range
Use the binoculars to call in the air strike to eliminate the enemy tank
Get to the motor pool
- "Parker. About time"
- — Capt. Wojick
First to Fight is the first level in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Nintendo DS).
The level starts with the player undergoing some basic training. Parker is ordered to go to the firing range. When he gets to the firing range, he is ordered to pick up an M16A4 and shoot the targets from the hip, while crouched, and aiming down the sights. After target practice, Parker is ordered to pick up Fragmentation grenades and throw them through the windows and doors of a building down range. After that, Parker is ordered to go to the arming and disarming station where he is taught how to arm and disarm bombs. First he arms a bomb, then he disarms one. Then he is ordered to another range to call in an air strike on an inert T72 down range by Sgt. Newman. After Parker successfully calls in the air strike, Sgt. Newman congratulates Parker. Suddenly, the OpFor attack the base. Sgt. Newman is killed, and Parker must get to the Humvee parked in the garage. Parker fights his way to the Humvee and gets on the M2 machine gun while another Marine drives it away.
Weapon Loadout Edit
- This mission's name has created confusion for some as to the United States Marine Corps' official motto. The official motto of the US Marine Corps is "Semper fi" (Always faithful), not "First to fight".
- If you go to the stations in the wrong order, the instructor at that station will say, "What's your problem Corporal? You haven't finished training yet!". That tells everyone that he is a Corporal already. It will not affect the level by doing them in the wrong order.
- If you throw grenades at some of your instructors in this level (and at allies in subsequent levels), they will attempt to throw them away.
- If you throw enough grenades at your instructors, they will throw away 1 or 2 of them, but any more thrown rapidly will explode. If enough explode at your instructor, he may die and the level will restart. In subsequent levels, however, if you kill some (this varies with how important your partners are to the level) allies with grenades, the level will NOT restart.
- When the base is invaded, you can kill your partners (either by melee or grenades).
- This is one of two missions in the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (DS) campaign in which the player can obtain an RPG-7. However, if the OpFor soldier using it is not killed quickly, there will be no ammunition left for it and even if there is there will be very few, if any, hostiles left for it to be used against.
- Strangely, in this level, you appear to be capable of carrying only one gun, because if you try to pick up an AK-47 or an RPG, it will replace your M16, therefore leaving you with only one weapon at any given time.
- No matter how quickly you kill the first OpFor soldier to appear in the mission, Sgt. Newman will always fall over, dead, as if he was shot.
- There are multiple glitches in this level that have been found by many players
- This is the first level to be played on a Nintendo DS.
Video EditCall of Duty 4 DS - Mission 01 - First to Fight(07:44)