Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Game Engine is what controls many aspects of the game such as physics and graphics.
id Tech 3 EngineEdit
It is used by many games, including:
- Call of Duty 2 (2005) - IW 2.0
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2007) IW 3.0
- Call of Duty: World at War (2008) - IW 3.0 (Modified)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2009) - IW 4.0
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (2010) - IW 3.0 (Heavily Modified)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (2011) - MW3 engine (Modified IW 4.0, unofficially IW 5.0)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (2012) - Black Ops II engine (Heavily Modified IW 3.0)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (2013) - Updated MW3 engine
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III (2015) - Black Ops III engine (heavily modified Black Ops II engine)
The Treyarch NGL engine was only used in two games before it was replaced by IW 3.0.
The Asura Engine is the engine used by THQ for only one game.
The Unity Engine is the engine used by Faceroll Games for their one game.
- Call of Duty: Heroes (2014)