- The Wehrmacht's Victory Theme in Call of Duty: United Offensive.
|German Military or Wehrmacht|
The Wehrmacht emblem, the "Balkenkreuz".
|Appears in||Call of Duty|
Call of Duty: United Offensive
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
Call of Duty 3
Call of Duty: Roads to Victory
Call of Duty: World at War
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
|Country||German Empire (World War I)|
Nazi Germany (World War II)
Germany (Cold War and World War III)
|Active||(World War I) 1914 - 1919|
|Motto||Gott mit uns ("God is with us")
Treu, Tapfer, Gehorsam ("Loyal, Valiant, Obedient")
The German Military (or the Wehrmacht) is the most prevalent of the antagonist forces in the Call of Duty series, and are the main antagonists in Call of Duty, Call of Duty: United Offensive, Call of Duty 2,Call of Duty 2: Big Red One, Call of Duty 3, Call of Duty: World at War and Call of Duty: Black Ops.
In story mode of the Call of Duty series the German soldiers' fighting ability differ from the modes, Easy, Medium, Hard, and sometimes even Veteran. Individual German soldiers do not have much strength or stamina in campaign mode so the player character can kill them easily. In Call of Duty 3 a melee grappling mode is enabled at certain points, in which the character must press a certain sequence of buttons in order to fight off an enemy soldier.
They wear different uniforms throughout each campaign, each suited to the theater of operations - light brown and tan uniforms for desert warfare or white winter parkas in Soviet Union.
- Main article: Luftwaffe
The Air Force of the German military is often seen in the form of planes which the player must either shoot down or take cover from, their role in Call of Duty is limited as they are rarely directly confronted.They are also in form of Fallschirmjager's (Paratrooper's) that are seen commonly in Normandy.
Weapons and VehiclesEdit
- Opel Blitz
- SdKfz 2
- Sdkfz 222
- Sdkfz 250
- Sdkfz 251
- Horch 1a
- Panzer II
- Panzer IV
- Tiger II
German Military PersonnelEdit
- Main article: German Military/Names
- Richter (K.I.A.)
- Gen. Heinrich Amsel (K.I.A.)
- Maj. Gen. Edward Richtofen (Alive/K.I.A.) (player-determined)
- Dr. Ludvig Maxis (Alive/K.I.A.) (player-determined)
- Dr. Friedrich Steiner (K.I.A.)
The Waffen-SS were Combat Troops under command of SS Reichsfuhrer Heinrich Himmler (Please note: they were NOT part of the regular Wehrmacht). They are rarely seen, and often distinguishable from regular soldiers when playing Call of Duty as their uniforms are slightly different as they wear camouflaged smocks and helmet covers, wore SS runes on the collar, had an eagle on the sleeve, divisional cuff title, and black shoulder boards.
- 1.SS "Adolf Hitler" Panzer Division.
- 2.SS "Das Reich" Panzer Division.
- 9th SS "Hohenstaufen" Panzer Division.
- 10th SS "Frundsberg" Panzer Division
- 12.SS "Hitlerjugend" Panzer Division.
- 17th SS "Gotz Von Berlichingen" Panzergrenadier Division.
The German Army (Heer) was the main fighting force in Normandy during D-Day and most seen in the game. They wore regular Field Grey wool uniforms with a Breast Eagle, Litzen collar tabs, Field grey shoulder boards. And standard German field equipment, Helmets.
- There was many German Heer (Army) Division's & Non-German Ost-Battalion's serving in Normandy.
- 709th Infantry Division-649th Russian Ostbattalion,795th Georgian Ostbattalion.
- 352nd Infantry Division
- 716th Infnatry Division
- 243rd Infantry Division
- 21st Panzer Division
- 2nd Panzer Division
- Main article: German Military/Quotes
Call of Duty And United Offensive Edit
Call of Duty 2 Edit
Call of Duty 3 Edit
Call of Duty: World at War Edit
Call of Duty: Black OpsEdit
The German military makes an appearance in the flashback mission "Project Nova".
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3Edit
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIEdit
The German Military appears in the intro for Origins.
- The German military has been antagonists in nearly all of the Call of Duty games in which they are featured.
- In the mission Hostage! in Call of Duty 3, all the enemies belong to the Feldgendarmerie. Their uniform differ from the standard by wearing Feldgendarmerie on the cuffs and Feldjägerkorps on the gorgets.
- At the end of a victorious multiplayer match when playing as the Wehrmacht in Call of Duty: World at War, during the Königgratzer Marsch, Hitler can be heard saying "Vor uns liegt Deutschland, in uns marschiert Deutschland, und hinter uns, kommt Deutschland!" (translates to "Germany lies before us, Germany marches within us, and Germany follows us!").
- Multiplayer and campaign character models of the Wehrmacht in Call of Duty: World at War look somewhat ragtag and dirty. This is possibly because World at War is a much darker game than other Call of Duty installments, or because the German Military was deprived of resources during the last weeks of World War Two, in which most of Call of Duty: World at War takes place.
- Although the team name says Wehrmacht, the models for the rifleman and submachine gunner for multiplayer in Call of Duty: World at War are actually Waffen-SS due to the distinctive woodland camouflage uniforms and swastika patch.
- The model for the German soldiers in Call of Duty: Black Ops is similar to the basic winter Wehrmacht Trooper (white coat with a black helmet, goggles, and ammo pouches) in Call of Duty 2.
- Despite certain weather conditions, most German troops in Call of Duty: World at War will always have short or rolled-up sleeves, except for some soldiers in Downfall, who appear to have long sleeves while fighting in the Reichstag.
- Some of the German soldiers in Call of Duty 2 bear the decal of the Spanish Blue Division on their helmet, which would imply that they are actually Spanish; however, it is unknown if this is true, or merely a stylistic choice by the game's designers.
- In the World at War version of the Zombies map "Nacht Der Untoten", 'Der Königgrätzer Marsch' (English: The Königgrätzer march) can be heard from the radio. For unknown reasons it is removed from the Black Ops version.
- In Call of Duty: World at War, a few of the German soldiers have a similar face to Edward Richtofen. This is because Richtofen shares his model with a German variant.
- The Wehrmacht soldiers in Holland wear green camouflaged uniforms like those worn by the Waffen-SS.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is the only game to feature the German Military without being an enemy to the player.