|Leader(s)||Federal Minister of Defense (in peace);|
Chancellor (in the case of defense)
|Appears in||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3|
|Engagements||World War III|
|Active||May 5, 1955 – present|
The Bundeswehr (German for "Federal Defense Force"), is the modern day armed defense force of Germany. The Bundeswehr consists of the Heer (Army), Marine (Navy) and Luftwaffe (Air Force). The Bundeswehr appears in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and participate in the Second Battle of Berlin against invading Russian forces.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3Edit
German forces are seen rarely in the campaign; in Scorched Earth. They attempted to hold off the Russian Ground Forces of the Ultranationalists during their invasion of Europe, though they did a poor job and were pushed back to Hamburg and Berlin. They aid Team Metal during their operations in Germany, with only a column of three Leopard 2 tanks.
- Vorschlaghammer (Fate unknown, probably K.I.A.; Translation: Sledgehammer)
- Zerstörer (KIA; Translation: Destroyer)
- Blutertragen (Fate unknown: "Blutertragen" is not a real word in German; It would translate as "Blood-endure")
- This is the first time in the series that the Germans are shown as allies.
- This is the only faction that only appears as tanks, never as NPCs.
- The fact that no German infantry appear could be implying that the German military took heavy casualties, and/or that it was stretched thinly fighting the invading forces.