- "Return home on the day everything changed."
- — Mission Description
|Previous level||Legends Never Die (chronologically)|
|Next level||Brave New World|
Point of Contact (Extinction)
|Game||Call of Duty: Ghosts|
|Team||U.S. Air Force (Baker)|
|Place||San Diego, California, United States of America|
ODIN Space Station, Lower Space Orbit
|Date||July 10th, 2017|
|Objective||Return to ODIN Control. |
Reach the ODIN shutdown controls.
Escape from the Space Station.
Destroy the ODIN Satellite.
- Logan Walker (playable) (W.I.A.)
- Spc. Baker (playable) (K.I.A.)
- Kyra Mosley (K.I.A.)
- David "Hesh" Walker
- Elias Walker
Elias tells his sons David "Hesh" and Logan Walker the legend of how 15 unnamed soldiers killed hundreds of soldiers, earning them the name "Ghosts" by an unknown survivor. When Elias finishes, Hesh asks his father if he really believes that story, to which Elias replies that he does. Elias, Hesh, and Logan return home as "tremors" shake. Upon returning to the street, however, Elias realizes that it is not an earthquake - the ODIN space weapon is laying San Diego to waste. Elias tells Hesh and Logan to get to the house as he gets the truck. Going home, the house starts to collapse. Hesh asks Logan to help him open the door that's jammed, He counts off: "Three, Two, One - push!"
Just as they push the door open, the screen cuts to white. The game moves to the orbit of Earth, 15 minutes earlier, with Spc. Baker and Kyra Mosley. Going into the ODIN station, they find themselves under attack from Federation infiltrators. Baker and Kyra make it to the fuel lines of the other ODIN unit and Baker shoots it, sacrificing himself and Kyra in order to prevent further ODIN strikes.
Returning to the present with Hesh counting and open the door, an ODIN strike breaks part of the road. Going into another house, Hesh and Logan run out as a gasoline truck explodes, injuring Logan. Elias and Hesh help Logan make it back to the truck, as Hesh gets into the back and Elias drives away as the brothers gaze at the destruction.
|Found in level|
- Ghost Stories (5/Bronze ) - Escape. (Complete "Ghost Stories" on any difficulty.)
- Spatial Awareness (10/Bronze ) - Kill your first enemy in the Call of Duty: Ghosts campaign.
- Main article: Ghost Stories/Transcript
- While playing as Baker, the player can see a shuttle called Daedalus which is a reference to Daedalus from the Greek mythology.
- Even if the player chooses not to shoot at the fuel lines, Kyra will eventually destroy the tanker herself.
- The scene where Elias and David are helping Logan to the truck is a shot-for-shot recreation of the ending scene in MW2.