Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hardened is a Tier 2 perk in Call of Duty: Black Ops. It is roughly equivalent to the Deep Impact perk and FMJ Attachment from past Call of Duty games. It also shares an effect with Stopping Power Pro from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and the Focus proficiency from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
Call of Duty: Black OpsEdit
|Tier 2 Perk|
It is one of the three perks in the game that is purchased by default. Hardened increases the surface penetration for any weapons fired by the user. This means that it reduces the damage decrease when firing through 'soft' surfaces (such as wood), while allowing projectiles to penetrate thicker or tougher surfaces (sheet metal and plywood/concrete).
Its Pro version increases the damage of bullets against killstreak equipment/vehicles by 25% and reduces the effects of flinching when damaged by 80%. This makes it useful for staying on target when one is taking fire.
- Penetration Kills - Get 10 kills using Hardened and shooting through walls.
- Bullets in Aircraft - Shoot 200 bullets into enemy aircraft.
- Equipment Shot - Destroy one piece of enemy equipment through a wall.
- In the French version, the perk shares its name ("Impact Lourd") with that of the previous Deep Impact perk.
- For the first and third Pro challenges, shooting through any solid object will count as penetration, even if it's not technically a "wall."
- In the multiplayer overview trailer of Call of Duty: Black Ops, the perk is called "Deep Impact", the name of the similar perk in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: World at War.
- As with Deep Impact and Double Tap in Call of Duty: World at War, the perk icon shows the entire cartridge in flight, rather than just the bullet.
- Shooting through unbroken glass counts for the penetration kills challenge.
- The regular and pro version of the perks icon have the bullet crashing through the outer line of the icon itself.