The Hellstorm Missile is a Scorestreak reward featured in Call of Duty: Black Ops II that requires a scorestreak of 700. It is similar to the Predator Missile from the Modern Warfare series, with the exception that the player can choose to either shoot a cluster of bombs, or use a single missile by not pressing the firing button, essentially making it perform like said killstreak.
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIEdit
The missile uses the 'aim' button to increase the speed of the missile (only before the cluster bomb is launched), and the 'fire' button to launch a random number of cluster bombs. Before shooting the cluster bomb, the missile will automatically lock on after a few seconds to enemies near the crosshair, and if the cluster bomb is launched, one bomb will be locked on to each targeted enemy.
This Scorestreak is not recommended for use in Hardcore modes, as it is very easy to accidentally kill teammates, particularly if the cluster bomb is used.
- The Hellstorm Missile can be destroyed by bullets before it activates its cluster bomb, seen here.
- It is also possible to destroy a Hellstorm Missile by throwing an EMP Grenade near the person who acquired the Scorestreak, or straight up in the air towards the missile itself if it is close enough to the ground.
- No announcement will be made if a hostile Hellstorm Missile has been launched. Only friendly missiles are announced.
- If two Hellstorm Missiles come into contact with each other, they will explode (does not matter if they are friendly or hostile).
- If a UAV or other scorestreak happens to be just under the location of where the Hellstorm Missile is launched or about to land, the scorestreak can be destroyed.