The Hellstorm Missile is a Scorestreak featured in Call of Duty: Black Ops II. It is similar to the Predator Missile from the Modern Warfare series, with the exception that the player can choose to either shoot a cluster of bombs, or use a single missile. However, the missile uses the "Aim" button to increase the speed of the missile (Only before the cluster bomb is launched), and the "Fire" button to launch a random number of cluster bombs. Before shooting the cluster bomb, the missile will automatically lock on after a few seconds to enemies near the crosshair, and if the cluster bomb is launched, 1 bomb will be locked on to each targetted enemy. It requires a scorestreak of 700, right behind the Lightning Strike requiring 750. This Scorestreak is not recommended for use in Hardcore modes, as it is very easy to accidentally kill teammates.
- The Hellstorm Missile can be destroyed by bullets before it activates its cluster bomb, seen here.
- It is possible to destroy a hellstorm missile by throwing an EMP grenade near the person who acquired the scorestreak, or straight up in the air towards the missile itself if it is close enough to the ground.
- A glitch can occur when the Hellstorm Missile will continue to fly and hit the ground and not let the player be able to launch its cluster bomb.
- It is possible to get a headshot with a Hellstorm Missile - this can be done by not detonating the missile and being incredibly accurate.
- The team announcer will not announce if an enemy Hellstorm Missile has been launched. Only friendly missiles are announced.
- If two Hellstorm Missiles come into contact with each other, they will explode (doesn't matter if friendly or enemy).
- If a UAV or other scorestreak happens to be just under the location of where the Hellstorm Missile is launched, cluster bombs and the main missile will both destroy the UAV.
- The missile uses the model of the missiles on the 9K37 Buk from the Modern Warfare series.
|The Sergeant says, "This article needs more content, so stop messing around and add to it right now!"