|H.V.I. (High Value Individual)|
The H.V.I. after being found by Ramirez.
|Appears in||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2|
|Death||August 13th, 2016, Exodus, Arcadia County, Northeastern Virginia, USA|
He was said to be in possession of critical intelligence documents. General Shepherd then informed Sergeant Foley's squad to rescue him from a panic room at the end of "Exodus". His challenge code was 'Icepick' and the countersign was "Phoenix'. When Sgt. Foley, Corporal Dunn, and Private James Ramirez reached the house with the panic room, a crashed C-130 Hercules had blown a large chunk of the house apart, and it had already been invaded by Russians. Upon entering the panic room, the Rangers discovered the H.V.I. dead, a Russian soldier alive checking the fridge in the ground floor of the house, and Viktor, a member of Makarov's Inner Circle, outside the panic room. Ramirez collected the remnants of the briefcase in the panic room while Dunn took several pictures of the dead Russian soldier, who had unusual tattoos, to send to G2 for analysis.
- Although Foley states that there was no sign of forced entry, there are obvious signs of a struggle. There is a used flashbang, still giving off a bit of smoke in the back of the room. The dead Russian is another obvious one. Also, there are bloody footsteps leaving and entering the panic room, which likely belong to the Russian soldier in the ground floor.
- If the player goes prone by the briefcase, a brochure inside titled "Infinity Education: MW2 Never Die" can be seen. Although it cannot be picked up or used in any way.
- There is also a journal that says "MW2 Weapons: In MW2 We Trust," and the letters IW stitched onto one of the briefcase pockets.
- The panic room contains food such as 'Krust bars' (an obvious parody to Crunch).
- There is a teddy bear inside the panic room, lying on a chair, in front of the chess board. This implies that the H.V.I. started playing chess with it.