30 rounds (45 w/ Extended Mags)
30+270 (SP), 30+60 (MP)
30+300 (SP), 30+180 (MP)
3.16s empty, 2.63s full loaded
|Rate of Fire||
- "Fully automatic. Integrated Silencer keeps your shots off the radar."
- — Description
The Honey Badger is seen throughout the campaign used by Logan T. Walker and Hesh. It's also used in End of the Line by Thomas Merrick and Keegan because of its integrated Silencer. It is used by the Federation only in The Hunted.
Due to the Honey Badger having an integrated silencer it cannot mount other barrel attachments, such as Muzzle Brake for example. However, this means that more attachments can be used in total because the silencer is in essence a "free" attachment; at most three others can be equipped with the use of Extra Attachment for, in effect, a total of four. It has the third best silenced range of any assault rifle in Ghosts, beat out only by the AK-12 and the Remington R5, and also has the best silenced time to kill due to its high range and rate of fire.
The Honey Badger has a 30% recoil reduction for its first shot. This makes firing in single shots or two round bursts at long ranges beneficial for staying on target. This also makes the Semi-Automatic attachment very potent on this weapon; every shot will have this recoil reduction applied, allowing for very accurate shot placement even for those with a good trigger finger. A Grip can be attached to lower this recoil even further, though it is arguably more effective when firing in full auto due to the decreased rate of fire with Semi-Automatic, which allows the weapon's sights to reset more between shots.
- "RLVOR" and "64/21" can be seen written on the charging handle. Also, "NV" is written just above the magazine.
- It has a charging handle assist like the M4A1 from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, but unlike the one for the M4A1, this one is fully coated black. It only gets pulled and charged at the end of the reload animation when the player is reloading a completely empty magazine.
- The Honey Badger has the same iron sight shape as the ARX-160, as well as the iron sight part of the Tracker Sight.
- The way the Honey Badger is cocked after reloading in campaign is different from multiplayer.