|Previous level||Black Tuesday|
|Next level||Persona Non Grata|
|Game||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3|
|Character||Derek "Frost" Westbrook|
|Team||Delta Force, Navy SEALs|
|Weapons||MP5 Silenced w/ Red Dot Sight, USP. 45|
|Enemy weapons||PP90M1 with Red Dot Sight, G18, P90 with or without Holographic Sight|
|Place||New York Harbor, New York City, United States|
|Date||August 17th, 2016|
|Objective||Plant a mine on the sub|
Reach the missile control room
Launch the missiles
Escape the harbor
|Enemies||Ultranationalists, Russian Navy|
|Special Ops||Over Reactor|
- Grinch: "Where's our infil point?"
- Sandman: "Brooklyn Battery tunnel."
- Truck: "I thought it collapsed."
- Sandman: "It did."
- — Team Metal during the intro cutscene.
"Hunter Killer" is the second mission of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. The player takes on the role of Sgt. Derek "Frost" Westbrook, as he and his squad infiltrate a Russian Oscar II-class SSGN and launch the boat's cruise missiles against their own fleet to cripple it. Later, the player and other team members make their escape from the submarine on Zodiac watercraft as the launched missiles begin to bombard the Russian ships in the area, before escaping in a CH-46 Sea Knight.
There they rendezvous with a team of SEALs, and continue toward their objective. The depths of the harbor are filled with mines and the player is instructed to navigate around them using a mine imaging sonar device on the player's DPV.
After successfully passing through the minefield, the team then plants charges on an enemy submarine. The charges detonate and the submarine is forced to surface, allowing the team to board. Frost and Sandman enter through the sub's access hatch and fight their way through the submarine and up to the bridge. The two of them breach the bridge, killing all the sailors within and their commading officer (possibly captain). From the bridge, Frost and Sandman are able to launch the Russian's missiles against their own fleet.
Frost and Sandman then board a Zodiac watercraft that the SEALs have put in place, and make their escape as the battle for New York Harbor rages around them. They are then extracted by a CH-46 Sea Knight and are flown away from Manhattan.
|Found in level|
6. Once inside the submarine, be on the lookout for a room that includes a few bunk beds. Walk to the last one, then look in the corner for the intel.
7. On the second floor of the submarine, the intel is in the fuel tank room located just before breaching the missile control room. All of the enemies in this room have laser targeting on their guns so it is hard to miss. Get up on the scaffolding to grab the intel.
- Main article: Hunter Killer/Transcript
Wet Work (10 / Bronze Trophy ) - Complete "Hunter Killer" on any difficulty.
- The New World Trade Center Buildings (Including the Freedom Tower) can be seen in the skyline.
- The Freedom Tower looks different in the trailers than it does in the game.
- The Statue of Liberty is visible in the level, in the distance, surprisingly intact despite the chaos of the battle.
- In the submarine, on the bunk bed, there is a magazine called "Gossip and Lies", which has a picture of General Shepherd, titled "Shepherd in Trouble".
- If the player stays on top of the submarine too long, a Hind will come and kill them.
- There is no Assault Rifle in this level, only SMG, Shotgun and Handgun are available, similar to "Mind the Gap".
- There is a gas tanker in the tunnel that says Schoefield and Condry, a reference to the Sledgehammer Games employees.
- In the tunnel there is graffiti that says "Sledgehammer", a reference to Sledgehammer Games.
- When being rammed by the Russian PT Boat near the sinking USS Nimitz, the player must destroy the Russian Mines on the Russian PT Boat as soon as possible, otherwise, the player will be late to catch up with Truck's Zodiac, and the mission will be failed.
- When the player controls the Zodiac, Sandman's shooting and changing shooting direction is reused from Price in "Endgame" in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
- On the loading screen before the mission, the graphics refer to F-15 Eagles dropping JDAM bombs but the subtitles say that the pilots are flying F-22s.