|Hunter Killer Drone|
- "Infantry deployed drone that seeks out an enemy or vehicle."
- — Scorestreak description
Hunter Killer Drone is a new Scorestreak reward featured in Call of Duty: Black Ops II. The player throws the drone, and then it pursues and kills the nearest enemy player or destroys the nearest enemy scorestreak. It requires a scorestreak of 525 points. It gives the player 25 points per kill and the appropriate number of points if it destroys a scorestreak equal to what the player would get using a rocket or Black Hat. It reuses the crosshairs of the Ballistic Knife. They can be intercepted by EMP Grenades, an EMP Systems scorestreak, and Trophy Systems, however they cannot be destroyed with bullets or the Black Hat.
The Hunter Killer Drone can acquire enemies extremely quickly, which can be helpful in an intense firefight. A loud beeping sound is heard if the Hunter Killer has acquired a target. Keep in mind that the Drone can still kill you if it explodes close to you, so aim perpendicular to the ground. If you need to target a certain objective, such as a Counter-UAV or a Guardian, simply aim at the target and throw it when the light on the Drone turns red, meaning that it has been targeted.
It can be hard to avoid the Drone and most don't survive the encounter with the Drone. The Tier 1 perk Blind Eye overrides the Hunter Killer Drone entirely, however it can still kill if the player is caught in its blast radius if it was targeting a teammate or another Scorestreak. Flak Jacket can prove invaluable in protecting yourself from the Drone, however if it is close enough it can still kill, so it is advised to run to cover when the Drone is beginning its dive. If you time it right however, you can dodge the Drone by diving to prone when it starts its dive towards you. The player still takes damage, but not enough to kill unless already critically injured.
- Despite being an aerial Scorestreak, it cannot be locked onto with FHJ-18 AA, Black Hat or SMAW.
- A Hunter Killer Drone will cancel its dive if it loses sight of its target. However, it can still crash into obstacles and miss the target.
- If it cannot find a target, it will continue flying above the map for a duration until it explodes.
- If the player destroys a Hunter Killer Drone they will be rewarded with the Rejected Medal.