|Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3|
|Strike Package Reward|
- "Once you hear the I.M.S. go off, it's too late."
- — In-game multiplayer intel
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3Edit
The I.M.S. is an anti-personnel system similar to the Bouncing Betty. It is a small box on the floor that fires an explosive shell vertically, which in turn then shoots an explosive down at enemies at a range of 6.5 metres. It can deploy a total of four explosive charges before self-destructing.
The I.M.S. makes a low-pitched "ping" sound when an enemy player enters close proximity, right as it sets off one of its charges. A set-off charge will almost always kill the player who set it off, regardless of if he has a Riot Shield (unless the player places it on his back and lies down immediately) or Blast Shield. It can be temporarily deactivated by concussion grenades and flashbangs.
It can also be destroyed by an EMP Grenade, or by simply shooting it until it takes enough damage. Also, knifing it would instantly destroy it. If a player places a second I.M.S the first one will self destruct instantly. It is also one of the explosives that can be delayed by Stalker Pro. Putting a Trophy System over the I.M.S will allow the user with even more protection from shot explosives.
- It takes three hits from an I.M.S. to kill a Juggernaut.
- The I.M.S. used the AC-130 icon in the killfeed in early development (seen at ending of the Survival Mode trailer). This was likely due to there not being an icon for the I.M.S. at that point.
- It is possible to get a headshot with the I.M.S.
- The I.M.S. will also attack Recon Drones.
- The explosive that the I.M.S. launches is the same model as the chemical mines used by Chemical Agents in Survival Mode.
- It is possible to avoid being killed by the explosive by crawling in the middle of the I.M.S.
- The I.M.S. can easily be mistaken for luggage in the map Terminal.
- On the projectile of the I.M.S. says "reusable" on top