Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Previous level||New World|
Judgment Day (chronologically, reality)
Rise and Fall (Nightmares)
|Game||Call of Duty: Black Ops III|
|Team||Winslow Accord with Singapore Armed Forces|
|Place||Downtown Core, Central District, Singapore|
|Date||Day 0, 2070|
June 2nd, 2064 (reality)
|Objective||Establish contact with the Black Site.
Intercept the 54i Shipment.
|Multiplayer map||Exodus, Evac|
- "Five years later. In cooperation with the CIA, investigate the sudden silence of a CIA Black Station in the Singapore Quarantine Zone - established in the wake of the disaster that killed 300,000 people."
- — Mission description
"In Darkness" is the third (chronologically the first and seventh in Nightmares) level in Call of Duty: Black Ops III. Five years after the previous level, the Player and Hendricks are sent to Singapore after communications are lost. While there, the operatives learn some dark secrets.
Level Briefing Edit
Encryption #20-6E-6F-74. Protocol: Whiskey
Shrouded In Darkness , the team is approved to use any means necessary...
Mission: Locate cause of lost communication in Singapore, Quarantine Zone and execute
Active Mission - Day 0
Pre-Mission Scrolling TextEdit
Since the operation in Ethiopia, Hendricks and the Player have done wetwork across the globe. After the CIA black site goes dark in Singapore, Hendricks and the Player are sent in and lead on communications by their LNO Rachel Kane. Before going on ground, Hendricks gives the Player an Micro-Missile Launcher.
On ground, Hendricks and the Player witness the savage murder of two civilians by the 54 Immortals. Angered by the scene, Hendricks, against the Players orders, assaults the 54i as the Player follows his lead. During course, the two agents are forced to anchor themselves from the wind and waves by the storm. Kane calls in a drone strike, but to no avail by the storm, Hendricks disobeys Kane's orders and goes towards the ship to shut down the system.
The Player and Hendricks succeed, but nearly escape by the incoming storm. The Player and Hendricks battle more soldiers until a warlord enters the scene, forcing the operatives to take cover. Suddenly, the warlord is taken down by Kane, who came to the scene by the noise caused by the two. The agents finish their sweep of 54i forces and make their way to the site, finding it rumbled and broken into.
Going in, they kill the last cavalry of 54i who attempt to break into the site, and enter the room. The three find the agents killed by Denial of Reincarnation, with their eyes stabbed, ears sliced, and noses smashed in. Data drives, camera footage, reports, debriefs and everything to download are gone as well. Kane then reveals that the last team here was John Taylor's, as Hendricks and the Player reject this information.
- Main article: In Darkness/Collectibles
- Untouched: Completed the mission without dying
- Score: Completed the mission with a score of 12,500 or higher.
- Got 'em: Found all of the collectibles in the mission.
- Fire for Effect: Kill 5 targets with a single micro-missile volley.
- Commandeered: Kill 20 enemies using a technical truck turret.
- Duelist: Kill a Warlord using only a pistol.
- From Nowhere: Kill 5 enemies over 150 ft away in under 3 seconds.
- Blast Zone: Kill 2 RPG enemies in under one second.
- Target Variety: Kill an enemy robot and a human enemy without reloading.
- No Prisoners: Let no 54i escape from the power generator building.
- Breach and Clear: Headshot 3 enemies during a breach.
- Power Denied: Kill 4 powered-off robots in the Comm Relay before they activate.
- Matched Firepower: Kill a Warlord using a technical truck turret.
- Blown Away: Kill a Warlord with an explosive barrel.
- Push the Line: Take out a Riot Shield phalanx with only melee attacks.
- Expert Flanker: Headshot 3 riot shield enemies.
|Field Ops Kit|
Found in levelEdit
|Found in level|
- In cutscenes, the Player's KN-44 does not have a Reflex Sight, but it does in gameplay.
- The chocolate bar being eaten by Hendricks in the first cutscene is created by Dr. Monty, the creator of the GobbleGums featured in Zombies mode.
- In the cutscene where Kane kills the Warlord with her Locus, she fires three shots to kill the Warlord, despite it not being possible to kill a Warlord with three shots from a Locus.
- High Tide (20 / Silver Trophy ) - Complete "In Darkness" on Hardened, Veteran, or Realistic difficulty.
- Full Circle (50 / Silver Trophy ) - Complete the campaign on Hardened, Veteran, or Realistic difficulty.