|Game||Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare|
|Place||Seoul, South Korea|
|Date||July 10, 2054 - 0500 HRS|
|Objective||Regroup with Demo Team One |
Pick up Demo Charges
Destroy the Havoc Launcher
|Enemies||Korean People's Army|
|Multiplayer map||Greenband, Swarm|
- "North Korea has invaded South Korea's capital city, Seoul. On your first mission as a U.S. Marine, your squad must help to push the attackers back and reclaim the city."
- — Level Description
"Induction" is the first campaign level in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.
- Jack Mitchell (playable, W.I.A.)
- Will Irons (K.I.A.)
- Demo Team One (K.I.A.)
Jack Mitchell, their leading sergeant Cormack, Will Irons and fellow marine Jackson are in a drop pod observing a battlefield in Seoul, South Korea during Operation Hammer Strike. The pod is hit with weapons fire, and Jackson nearly falls out of the pod before Mitchell closes the blast shield and saves him. The pod then crash lands on a rooftop, and the Marines exit. They jump off of the building and use their exo boosters to land safely on the ground.
Mitchell, Irons, and Cormack regroup with their allies, who order them to reinforce a friendly demo team trying to destroy an enemy gunship up the street. They begin fighting their way forward, but are stopped by a swarm of enemy drones. Mitchell, Irons, and Cormack tear the doors off of some nearby cars to use as makeshift riot shields and get to a waiting vehicle. They use the vehicle's EMP ability to destroy the drones and press forward.
The group eventually reaches the demo team and discovers that they are dead. Cormack takes it upon himself to complete the mission and orders Mitchell and Irons to recover the bomb and destroy the gunship. Mitchell gets the bomb, makes his way to the gunship, and gives the bomb to Irons, who plants it.
However, the access panel closes on Irons' arm, and when Mitchell is unable to rescue him, Irons pushes him off of the gunship in order to save him. As the gunship attempts to take off, the bomb detonates, kills Irons and destroys the gunship. Mitchell is knocked away by the blast, and as he attempts to recover a stray piece of shrapnel slices into his left arm. Cormack arrives, pulls off the shrapnel, and calls for a medevac before dragging Mitchell to safety. In the process Mitchell's arm, wounded by the shrapnel, falls off as he's being dragged away.
Exo Type - AssaultEdit
|Found in level|
- Main article: Induction/Transcript
- Seoul Mates (25 / Bronze Trophy ) - Complete "Induction."
- Not on my Watch (10 / Bronze Trophy ) - Prevent the walking tank from being destroyed by the Drone Swarm in "Induction."
- Following the turret defense section against the robotic drones, the player will enter a curved interior building. Stick to the right wall and proceed upstairs, turning right on the landing. There’s a small bar with a white neon sign. The first Intel is located on a table in the back corner of the bar.
- Leaving the subways, the player will proceed onto a Seoul street. At the forking path, there’s a restaurant with a sign in white and pink text. Head upstairs, then across to the bar where another set of stairs lead up to the third floor. On the third floor landing the second Intel will be located on the floor near the railing.
- Near the end of the mission the player will need to retrieve the explosives and move toward an aircraft by fighting across a fountain with a waterfall. Behind the waterfall will be a small room where final Intel is on a table.
- When playing the campaign for the first time, the opening cutscene of this mission cannot be skipped.
- Before Mitchell's arm is cut off, his arm is covered with a long sleeve shirt. However, after it is cut, his left arm's sleeve is missing.
- In the opening cutscene, Mitchell is seen wielding a HBRa3. However, in the actual mission, he wields an IMR.
- In the E3 demo, an EM1 and a mobile barricade were picked up and used before destroying the gunship. However, none of these are found in the final version of the mission.
- The news ticker in the underground mall shows an error code that says "shg2009", referencing Sledgehammer Games and the year they were established.
- In the intro cutscene, Cormack wears goggles on his helmet; these goggles are present during gameplay on current gen systems but not on last gen systems.
- ↑ During the mission Sentinel, as Mitchell is looking over personal files on the computer in Jonathan Irons' office, an obituary for his son Will appears. By looking closely, the article will say that Will Irons was killed during Operation Hammer Strike, and was posthumously awarded the Navy Cross and the Purple Heart.