Intel refers to laptops found in the campaign levels of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, touch pads in Call of Duty: Black Ops II and the early model recorders that can be found in the campaign levels of Call of Duty: Black Ops and Call of Duty: Black Ops II. Once collected, they allow access to cheats in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and access to various classified documents in Call of Duty: Black Ops. In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Call of Duty: Black Ops II, they only allow the player to unlock achievements/trophies.
Call of Duty 4: Modern WarfareEdit
There are 30 pieces of intel in total. To view how much intel the player has found, he can go to the cheats menu. It will say how many intel pieces have been collected in total and how many have been found in the current mission.
- Main article: Cheats
Cheats affect gameplay and/or graphics, depending on which ones are active. When activating cheats, no achievements or trophies can be collected. Cheats can be activated from the pause menu once the game has been completed.
- Collect 2 pieces of enemy intel.
CoD Noir: All color turns black and white.
- Collect 4 pieces of enemy intel.
Photo-Negative: All color is inverted.
- Collect 6 pieces of enemy intel.
Super Contrast: Drastically increases the game's contrast.
- Collect 8 pieces of enemy intel.
Ragtime Warfare: All color is faded and yellowed, dust and scratches fill the screen, gameplay occurs at double speed, and piano music plays over any other sound in the game
- Paintball. (Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition only) All bullets turn into paint-balls, as they leave blobs of paint wherever they hit. Similar to the paintball death card in World at War.
- Collect 10 pieces of enemy intel.
Cluster Bombs: After a fragmentation grenade explodes, four more spawn and explode. This only affects the player's grenades and thrown back grenades.
- Collect 15 pieces of enemy intel.
A Bad Year: Dead enemies turn into tires. (The Reflex Edition requires a headshot, or no tires will spawn)
- Collect 20 pieces of enemy intel.
Slow-Mo Ability: When the melee button is pressed, the game slows down to half-speed.
- Collect 30 pieces of enemy intel.
Infinite Ammo: Weapons have unlimited ammo and magazines. No reloading necessary. Doesn't work with equipment like C4 and claymores.
1. In the room with the two sleeping Russians. It's on the table next to a desktop to the left of them.
2. In the first big cargo hold room down the stairs. It's to the player's left after descending the stairs on the floor.
3. On a table in the very first house the player clears on his left.
4. On the second floor in the building where Nikolai is being held. It's in the over-sized bathroom on a box in front of the toilet.
5. Inside the first target building in the basement. Behind the room with the AK-47 on the wall. After the player descends the stairs to the basement, he/she will enter a room with several tables full of guns. The intel is in the room on the left after the player passes the tables.
6. In a guard post (bombed-out house) to the south after the first target building. It's on the second floor on a table.
7. After the heavy firefight with the machine gun truck, the player should walk down the road until he/she sees a stairwell on their right. (The stairwell comes up towards the player, make a U-turn to ascend it). On the rooftop of this building lies an Intel near a television which may be hard to spot.
8. In the first building the player infiltrates in this mission, if the player sticks around the second floor after it is clear, some marines will breach a door in the hallway. Inside lies another intel to the right of the doorway.
9. After destroying the tanks using the Javelin and crossing the parking lot, the player runs down the alley and keeps turning left until he/she sees a refrigerator. Make a sharp left at the refrigerator and head north and on the opposite side of that area, behind a stack of boxes, the player will find the intel.
10. After the firefight with the flashbang inside the house, it should be inside the building with the soda machine near the door. Get this one after the firefight.
11. In the makeshift building right before the barn but after the greenhouses. The building is on the left and NE of the barn. It is just after Price says "The heli is making another pass, find some overhead cover."
12. After the first big firefight down the road, it will be in the farthest building on the left, on the second floor lying on a bed.
13. In the building adjacent to intel twelve. The building will have an AK-47 on the wall and the intel will be on the second floor next to a dresser. The stairs are on the north side of the building.
14. In the building with the two machine gunners after the ambush in the small alley with all the cars. The intel lies on a bed on the second floor.
15. The intel is in the far SE corner of the room where the reconnaissance team is being held up.
16. In the building across from intel fifteen (with gunners in the second floor windows) in the closet on the second floor.
17. In the first house after the forest (the one the player is supposed to call an air strike on) on the second floor. It's on a dresser.
18. On a booth in a restaurant near the water tower.
19. This one is on the second floor of the first Church the player enters. He/she needs to climb a ladder to get to it. (It is where the lookout was positioned.)
20. In the area with a ton of cargo containers, instead of sneaking right past the guards grab the intel on the can.
21. After taking out the sniper on the fourth floor fire escape, ascend all the way up to that platform, jump through the window, and take the intel on the gray table to the player's left.
22. This one is on the fire escape of the first apartment the player comes out of after they shoot down the helicopter and carry MacMillan. The player will need to climb a ladder and ascend a few stories. It will lie on the ground of the top stairwell.
23. After the helicopters arrive, the player should head southeast to a now opened corridor. The intel is on the ground in the corner. The player might only get one chance to do this so be ready for some enemies that come out the door.
24. After the diner/gas station firefight. This intel is inside the diner on a table on the left. The player will need to get it before the story progresses automatically.
25. In the firefight with the snipers and the machine gunners (after leaving the junkyard). At the alley before that fight, the player should head right at the red dumpster, follow the alley to the left and ascend the first rusty stairwell he/she sees on the right. An intel, along with two enemy troops, should be in that building on the second floor.
26. In the first courtyard after the player enters the enemy base through the wall. It's across from the first firefight (where the troops drop in by helicopter) in the rightmost room on a desk.
27. After the player destroys the first BMP, move up and clear the enemies at the far building. Before entering through the gate, (that Gaz blows up), turn right down the near alley before the last enemy building. At the end lies an intel on the ground.
28. After entering through the gate into the missile area, the intel is located in the farthest hangar to the player's right.
29. When Price stops at the exit to the bathroom, head left outside and then turn right and follow the hallway forward. After the hallways makes a 45-degree turn to the right and the paint gets a darker gray, take the first left into a dark conference room. The intel is located on a table.
30. Located in the southwestern room after the player breaches the control room with explosives. The player will have to go all the way around the room to get it. The intel is on the rectangular table in the center of the room.
Look Sharp (20 ) - acquired by collecting 15 pieces of enemy intel.
Eyes and Ears (20 ) - acquired by collecting all 30 pieces of enemy intel.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2Edit
To view how many intel pieces a player has collected, the player can simply pause the game and look at the number in the bottom left-hand corner. There are 45 laptops to collect in total.
1. Under the watchtower, straight across from the entrance to the obstacle course.
2. In a classroom, Sgt Foley quotes "I think I saw one go in that classroom" and then the player's team goes in. It's on the right wall as the player enters, on a desk by the barrels.
3. Right as the player exits the school, it's on a crate directly outside, next to a taxi.
4. Directly in front of the player when Soap tells Roach to go ahead alone, there's a guard tower. Up the ladder, the Intel is on the catwalk.
5. When the player is about to meet up with Soap, go in the opposite direction to find an aircraft hangar with a plane inside and several technicians working on it. Shoot out some of the windows and the Intel can be seen and picked up from the outside.
6. During the snowmobile sequence, when the player gets near 1800m from the finish, stop. Somewhere in front of the player a small wooden fence surrounding some trees in the middle of the path should be there, and a small wooden building up a hill to the right. The Intel is on the ground inside the fenced area with trees. Simply drive over it to pick it up.
7. On the map (press the pause button), go towards the Southeast corner when the player enters the favela. The player should find a motorcycle leaning against a building. In front of it, there's a building with an angled wall and a large window in said wall. Go through the door to the right of that window, the Intel is straight inside.
8. When the player comes up the alley and see the building with the ladder on the wall, go up the ladder and through the door, and the Intel is on a table right inside.
9. Inside a red brick building opposite the red brick building that contains Intel #8, it has an awning on the front of it. Enter by going up a small wooden staircase. There's three guys inside the player has to kill, one of them hides behind an overturned wooden table. The Intel is on one of the beds in the room to the right of the stairs.
10. Near the end of the chase, off an alley, go in the building on the right side of the path, go downstairs and the Intel is between two beds.
11. It is on the counter in the gas station after the player comes through the alley.
12. It is inside the bank, on a desk by an Online Banking sign.
13. It is on a table inside Taco To Go. Enter the building through the blown up corner.
14. Inside a dumpster (in a small brick enclosure) on the east side of Burger Town, visible from the Burger Town roof ladder.
15. Inside the building on the right of the gateway the Technical crashes through. Just before the player go down the slope go in through the door next to a garage door (There's a blue car in the garage). Go past the blue car into the kitchen to find the Intel on the table.
16. After clearing the small lot (which has a bunch of appliances, cars, etc.), instead of going right up the stairs between buildings, go left around the three-level house (Floors are colored red, yellow, red), and look in the little hut attached to its side to find the Intel on some barrels.
17. As the player moves up the sloped street, there is a blue car on the right side of the street. In the building on that side, there is an Intel laptop up on the second floor, on the table.
18. When the player enters the last open lot and are supposed to go up on the roof, turn to the right and look in the window behind the soccer goal to find the Intel inside a window.
19. In the apartment office, near where the enemies are first rappelling in from a chopper. It has red walls and blue curtains inside. On the desk is the Intel laptop.
20. In the right-side building of the structure that forms an arch over the road (Has toll booths and whatnot), on a desk directly to the right as the player enters.
21. After the player crosses the bridge, proceed into the second house on the right side of the street. Enter from the front door, and the player goes to his right and up the stairs, then above those stairs is a yellow couch with the Intel on it.
22. In the room after the player kills the guard hanging over the edge taking a smoke, go up the 2 sets of steps and the Intel is on the left side on the metal racks against the wall right before the player goes outside.
23. After executing 'Plan B,' in the room Soap goes into on the right, the Intel is on a metal rack right inside the door.
24. After clearing outside, when the team starts going up the stairs, go in the room to the right, and look under the stairs on some wooden palettes to find the Intel. It's in the room right before the player gets to the final push of this level with the smoke screen.
25. As the player's team moves towards the arch with the red light, go to the stone stairs before it, inside the room on the far wall is the Intel sitting on some filing cabinets.
26. On a desk behind the large wall of monitors, the player will encounter it on his/her way through.
27. After the player obtains the riot shield and leaves the room where the player got it, turn left and proceed down the hallway. In the first open cell on the right-side wall is the Intel on a desk.
28. When the player finds prisoner #627, turn left, and the Intel is on the desk.
29. Inside the elevator that keeps trying to close (In the hallway after the player enters the building) to the right of the body sitting inside.
30. In the room with a balcony (Out on the balcony is a missile launcher where the player plant the C4), the player must go left upon entering the room and enter the door straight ahead (Near the portrait of Franklin Pierce) and the Intel is on a table down a small hallway.
31. When the player comes to the three-man patrol standing near the fence, the player must kill them and go over to where they were. The Intel is about ten feet south on a crate.
32. The building labeled "33" along the angled south-west fence houses an Intel item on a metal desk right inside the northern door.
33. Just north of building 33, find the stairs leading to a helipad (Helipad has blue lights on the corners), the Intel is in the northwestern corner.
34. When the player is told to go up the left flank to the building, inside that building after the next door has been opened, the Intel is in the hallway on a couch to the left.
35. After the player goes up the first stairs towards the roof, the Intel is to the right on a crate. This should be about the time when the player sees that the flares are lit.
36. Before entering the house, go out behind it and find the small boat hanger along the shore. The Intel is on a crate outside of it.
37. In the locked room on the top floor of the house, on a desk straight in front of the door.
38. In the nearest locked room in the basement, go into the arms room to the left, straight across from the wall of weapons on a crate.
39. Immediately to the players right when the player starts the level, in the front of the plane.
40. After the player slides down out of the plane hull and move across the street and up the hill, look for the plane pointing towards the road. The Intel is inside, near the cockpit.
41. As the player enters the tunnels, go left as instructed. After the patrol passes, kill the guard standing at the monitor and go straight across to find the Intel on a crate just to the right of the cave entrance.
42. To the left on a desk right before the player goes outside from the tunnels.
43. After coming across the ridge, in an alcove, on a crate.
44. On the desk with soda cans after the player breaches the room, near where the player's ally is working on the computer.
45. Right at the start, before the player boards the vehicle.
The Road Less Traveled (10 / Bronze Trophy ) - acquired by collecting 22 pieces of enemy intel.
Leave No Stone Unturned (10 / Bronze Trophy ) - acquired by collecting all 45 pieces of enemy intel.
Intel Locations in Act I.
Call of Duty: Black OpsEditIn Call of Duty: Black Ops, intel items return as a collectible. They take the shape of briefcase-sized yellow reel-to-reel tape recorders, and are found throughout the campaign. There are 3 in each level except for "U.S.D.D." (which has none) meaning there are 42 in total. The number of Intel items found on each level can be viewed under the "Intel" option in the Campaign submenu. It lists each level and a count of how many Intel pieces have been found on that level.
As with the other games, Intel items can only be picked up once in a given save file, after which they will not appear on later playthroughs of the level. Gathering all of the intel earns the achievement/trophy Closer Analysis.
2. Kill Castro's Double and meet up with Bowman. When you enter the room with the red flooring, go to your right, until you pass the large downward staircase. Look to your right for a bedroom. The intel is on the dresser to the far left of the bed.
3. After rappelling down the hill, you will enter a hangar. The intel will be at the top of the stairs to your left.
4. After Reznov orders Sergei to open the arms locker, follow Reznov up the stairs. When you reach the 2nd floor, turn to your left where Reznov stands, and to the right, next to an old radio, will be the intel.
5. After Sergei is killed, run to the right of the building and pass the doorway. To the left of that room, there's a table with a bunch of radios. The intel is also there.
6. Before going on the motorcycles, turn around and go into the room in front of you. On the left, there'll be a set of shelves on a rack. The intel is on the bottom shelf.
7. This intel is located on the 3rd floor of the comms building. It is under the four T.Vs.
8. This intel piece is in the far left corner of the rockets control room.
9. In the underground tunnels, there is another comms room. The intel is located under a window.
10. On a crate near the backwall in the area with three tanks the player must destroy.
11. In a bunker at the middle of the downhill where the Marines are pinned down.
12. After killing the NVA soldier that is about to kill Woods, the intel is found in the bunker in a corner to the right after passing the burning log.
13. After finding Reznov, there is a tiny room in the hallway to the right. The intel is on the desk in there.
14. At the second corner of the street, head straight into a building to find the intel.
15. When defending the LZ, the intel is in a building to the left that has a hole in it.
16. At the beginning, head to the little corner of the room to find the intel.
17. After having the conversation where Steiner is, slide down the roof and the intel should be behind the gate.
18. After Clarke dies, jump down four times and the intel should be on some garbage.
19. After going to the first objective where Steiner is suspected to be, it is in the second room on the second floor. Turn right when entering the room, and the intel is on the table.
20. Somewhat near number 19, the next one is located in a hangar with a rocket, as well as a few Nazi troops that try to surrender. The intel is located in the small room on a table near the wall.
21. At the part where the player must run off the ship in 2 minutes, the last intel in this level is located next to the stairs that lead to the upper deck of the boat.
22. After the player executes the two VC with Woods, the intel is located in the next room. Turn left when entering the room, and the intel is in the corner.
23. The next intel is found in a small hut straight from the small wooden bridge, after the player detonates the C4.
24. After Reznov executes the VC in the rat tunnel with a knife, the player should see another path to the left. Go there, and after a while the intel is on the right side.
25. Before entering the boat in the beginning, the intel is found on a box to the left.
26. After getting off the boat and entering the land, the intel is located on the ground.
27. When the player is entering the crashed plane, after jumping off the wing and on the boulder, the intel is in front of the boulder.
28. After the player enters the barracks, the intel is on a filing cabinet on the lower ground, next to the stairs.
29. After breaching the comm room, the intel can be found in a small room before going downstairs.
30. The last intel is found on one of the desks with explosive-rigged barrels in the large hangar, before the dialogue with Steiner.
31. Near the beginning of the level, when the player comes to the large open cavern with separating paths, look to the right to find the intel on metal shelves.
32. Before hijacking the Hind, the intel is located on a table with a radio, next to the tent.
33. After talking to Reznov and following him to fight the soldiers, the intel is over on the left of that area, on a box under the yellow light.
34. After the player assassinates the enemy in the beginning of the level with the Tomahawk and drags him to the elevator, the intel is found on the left in front of the crates.
35. During the last battle as Mason in the circular room, the intel is found in the center. The player must be quick enough in order to get the intel, because if the pipe above the cages takes hits, the doors to the intel will close and the player must restart the last checkpoint. The player will also die to Nova 6 expose if he is inside when the doors close.
36. During the Nova 6 part, the intel is found in a house to the right when the player reaches the end of the second street.
37. After the player comes to the four-way, turn left and the intel is found on top of a vending machine.
38. After the player sees the numbers 132 3 on the wall and the player is supposed to turn left, turn right and towards the end of the hallway the intel is in a trash bin.
39. Before the player goes to the hallway where Hudson catches up to him, the intel is found on a desk in the room.
40. Before the player grabs the Valkyrie Rockets, turn around and go towards the container on the right. The intel is under the container door on the right side.
41. In the second room inside the ship, the intel is under the desk that the player sees when entering the room.
42. Before engaging Dragovich, the intel is located in a room opposite of the player's objective. The intel is under the desks.
When a piece of intel has been found, it can be viewed in the main menu. Each piece of intel will un-censor a portion of a classified document, which can reveal otherwise unknown back-story; to begin with, the documents are completely blacked out.
Closer Analysis (15 / Bronze Trophy ) - Find all intel.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edit
The Intel returns in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, as shown in E3 Demo Gameplay. It is now a black laptop with a blue screen as opposed to the green ones found in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. There are 46 of them, scattered through every mission.
1. Inside the apartment building, to the right of the crashed helicopter, there is a bedroom. The intel is at the foot of the bed.
2. After descending the steps leading into the store, the intel is on a desk underneath the staircase.
3. After entering the lobby of the stock exchange, the intel is located on the left side.
4. The intel is located on a circular desk on the southwest corner of the exchange floor, near an upwards staircase.
5. After the objective changes to planting a thermite charge on the signal jammer, the right side of the rooftop has a table with the intel on it.
6. After taking out the first two hostiles found inside the sub, the intel is located in the far right corner of the room on a bunk bed.
7. Once on the upper walkway, the intel is located in the southwestern corner opposite of where a charge is to be placed on a door.
8. As soon as the player gets down to the courtyard, look for a small alcove to the right, on the north end.
9. As the player heads down the street, look for an open house to the right before the street turns west. Inside one of the smaller rooms on an end table the player will find the intel.
10. Soon after the player goes through the trapdoor to get to the UGV, look behind the large shipping crate.
11. As soon as the player is done with the UGV and has to get to the helicopter, the player should look for a playground slide to the left as they leave the building.
12. After the zero-g sequence, head down the stairs straight to the dead end and turn right. The intel is on the kitchen counter.
13. Fairly soon after the plane crashes the player will come upon a fallen tree that the player must leap over. As soon as the player does, the player should check the ground in front of him.
14. After the player jumps down from his sniper perch to rally with his team, the player should dash into the factory that they were searching. This intel is in the back corner.
15. At the point where the player meets up with his team, the street turns to the left. The player should go down the street until the player spots a hut on the left which can be entered. Inside on a crate
16. This piece of intel is on a table at the back of the church.
17. Enter the building across from the locked door, turn left, and look for the intel on a crate.
18. Before (or after) opening the truck doors, run to the building to the northeast. The player will find stairs leading up to a catwalk. Follow this path until the player can enter the building and check the desk for some intel.
19. As soon as the player gets to the top of the first escalator, look for a newsstand in front of the player. The intel is on the ground behind the counter.
20. As soon as the player gets to the street, look for a crashed plane to the north. The intel is in the cockpit.
21. When the street turns to the south, continue west and look behind a short brick wall in the southwest corner of the map.
22. After the player finds the convoy, the player and his squad will enter another building. As soon as the player does, check the cubicles on the right for the third intel item.
23. Soon after the first go at the remote chopper turret, the player should look for a ladder to his left leading into the south building. The intel is on a desk on the second floor.
24. Check the back left corner of the room that the player breaches.
25. Once the countdown begins and the player is rushing to the secondary LZ, when the player sees the car on fire being pushed down, the player should look for a very small building on his right (the eastern edge of the map). The intel is on a table inside.
26. On the second floor of the bookstore, check the windowsills on the western wall.
27. On a coffee table in the back-room lounge of the “Café de Paris.”
28. In the Catacombs, after the player gets hit with a flashbang, check the south end of the room before pursuing Volk.
29. Perhaps the easiest to find, this intel is stares the player right in the face soon after the player climbs out of the catacombs, just before the player heads back onto the street.
30. After the player snipes the machine gunner, the player should drop into the courtyard and enter the greenhouse on his left. Ascend the staircase inside to find intel.
31. Right after the player uses the Javelin to take out the second tank, the player should look for a bus on the left side of the bridge. The intel is inside.
32. The player will follow Soap into a hotel lobby and be told to wait. The player can find intel on the counter.
33. As soon as stealth goes out the window, look for a table umbrella with the word “Prague” on it, just south of the statue.
34. When Price picks up Soap, and tells the player to cover them both, clear the room and check the far right corner for this chapter’s only intel
35. After the player steps outside, the player will climb some stone steps and enter another room where several enemies will be waiting. The player will know that he is in the right spot when Price says “don’t slow down now.” In the small corner room to the northwest the player will find this intel.
36. Clear out the courtyard and follow Price up the steps to the second level. Head for the southernmost building to find this intel on a small crate.
37. When the player enters the building at the start of the chapter, go up the stairs and turn right. Clear the office of enemies, then check the first desk along the windows to the player's left.
38. After the player destroys the tanks with the A-10 Thunderbolt, but before the player rappels down the building, check the fence along the east side of the roof. There is a piece of intel on the other side, facing away from the player, so it may be hard to spot. If the player is facing the back of the giant blue Reisdorf sign, turn to the right and walk towards the red and white tower next to the Reisdorf sign. now walk to the right and walk towards the rappel point. STOP at the top of the short flight of stairs, turn to the player's left. The Intel should be right there facing away from the player.
39. After the player rappels, head down the street towards the player's objective. The player will notice a bookstore on his right. The player should enter the store and check the counter for this Intel.
40. As soon as the friendly tanks roll in, turn right down the street and enter the first building on the player's left. The Intel is inside.
41. Once the objective becomes “get to the roof” the player's squad mate will kick open a door leading to a stairwell. Check under the stairs on a couch for this intel.
42. When the player gets to the large room with the high catwalks, look for an office on the left side. The Intel is on a file cabinet in that office.
43. Right after the player breaches the room to rescue the president, turn around and round the corner to find Intel on top of a barrel.
44. After the player reaches the top of the right escalator, you must turn around and go the back of the 2nd floor. It will be sitting on top of a bar counter to the left near a group of civilians.
45. Look for a room with a Poker table, after you get out of the elevator. Follow Yuri if you cant find it. It should be sitting right in plain sight on the poker table
46. Turn right when you walk into the restaurant right about when Makarov is spotted. It should be sitting on a table.
Informant (20 / Bronze Trophy ) - Collect 22 Intel items.
Scout Leader (35 / Silver Trophy ) - Collect all 46 Intel items.
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIEdit
There are 33 pieces of Intel in the game. The flashback missions' intel reuse the intel skin from the first game and the modern missions use a new skin. The intels do not provide any information like Black Ops; however, each mission has a challenge that requires players to collect all three pieces of intel.
Intel 1: There will be an upturned buffel to the right after Mason gets off his own buffel. The Intel is in a crater to the right of it.
Intel 2: It is found in a corner on the upper deck.
Intel 3: There will be several watchtowers at the end of the level. Just before the waterfall, there will be two watchtowers on the right side. The Intel is found on the rightmost one.
Intel 1: Once you fight your way up the hill, you will come to a helipad. Stay to the left on the helipad following the wall. There will be a room on your left with the intel inside.
Intel 2: Once you enter the underground facility, in the main room on the left is an office. The intel is sitting on a desk.
Intel 3: After you free Erik from the box and defeat the intruders, there is a room opposite the room that contains the Celerium. The intel is in here.
Intel 1: Once inside the war room in the cave there will be a cut scene and everybody runs off to fight, look to your left. The intel is right against the wall.
Intel 2: While back riding on your horse, there is a large pointy rock formation, with a red flag around the bottom of it. The intel is next to the flag.
Intel 3: After fighting off the enemies inside of the weapon cache, cross the near by bridge and there is another cave containing the third piece of intel.
Intel 1: Go to the end of the barn filled with horses. There will be a wagon filled with hay on the right. The intel is in the back of the wagon.
Intel 2: While attacking the mansion, there is a bell tower on the right. Climb up two ladders and the intel is on this floor.
Intel 3: While inside of the cocaine room follow the left side of the room, the intel is sitting on a bench.
Intel 1: Inside the starting room, look across to the right, and the intel is sitting on some shelves.
Intel 2: After you dodge the bus and enter the side alley, there is a small alleyway on the right with an ammo crate. The intel can be seen next to the crate.
Intel 3: Once you sneak past the patrolling drones the piece of intel is laying in some rubble straight ahead.
Intel 1: While inside the server room, the intel is on the right side, towards the back corner.
Intel 2: Once inside the mall, there is a store called d'HO. The intel is on the counter in the back of the store.
Intel 3: After passing the inside of the mall, you will enter into a large open area with various rocks and trees. Following the right side of the map, the intel is on the far side of a desk, somewhat close to the final set of stairs.
Intel 1: After you drop down from the catwalk, you will come across a staircase that goes down. To the left of the staircase is a bunch or shelves.
Intel 2: While escorting Noriega through the slums, near a red building labeled "Gran Fans Herramientas" and a church, there is a building with a hole blown in the side. The intel is inside of the building.
Intel 3: When inside the clinic, follow down the hallway straight ahead. The intel is on a table.
Intel 1: In the courtyard at the beginning, on the right side is a staircase into a small tower. The intel is up the first flight of stairs.
Intel 2: Once you switch characters, you will follow an alley way, and be told to take the left path. There is a building with a enemy shooting from the window. The intel is in this room behind some crates.
Intel 3: Once out of the town and following the cliffside, there is a white building. The intel is on the roof of this building.
Intel 1: On the right side of the bridge, the intel is sitting on the computer console.
Intel 2: After finding Briggs and the virus on the computer, you will head down to the hanger. Before going down to the hangar, there is a room full of computers, and a staircase to the right. The intel is up the staircase on a table.
Intel 3: While on the deck, stay on the right side. There will be a VTOL, approximately 63m from your objective. The intel is sitting on the plane.
Intel 1: After rappelling down, follow the freeway on the left side, and there will be a police motorcycle and a blown up SUV. The intel is behind this SUV.
Intel 2: After you get out of the truck from the driving scene, on the left side in the first building, the intel is sitting on the front counter.
Intel 3: After exiting the area where you can get a quad drone to assist you if you had the access kit, enter the shop on the left, follow up the stairs and there is a t-shirt store on the right. The intel is sitting on the bottom shelf.
Intel 1: This piece of intel is inside of the building labeled '27', on the second floor.
Intel 2: Once inside the building you will come across the control room. The intel is on the left side on the third row.
Intel 3: There is a circular room with multiple staircases. Follow the staircase down and the intel is on top of a crate.
- In the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 mission "Mind the Gap", the intel is divided between sections of the mission. At the start of the mission, the pause menu will say 0/2 intel, and after the train crashes under the subway it will 0/1, for a total of 3 intel located in the mission.
- In Call of Duty: Black Ops, the intel for the mission "Redemption" states that a "Jonathan" has been assigned as the lead operator for Operation Charybdis by the SAS. This may or may not be a reference to John Price, a main protagonist in the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare series.
- The laptops are Voodoo Envy computers.
- It is not required to complete the level in order to obtain the intel, except in Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- In the intel for "Crash Site", in the second paragraph of the document on the left, there is an "Apocalypse Now" reference.
- The modern intel in Call of Duty: Black Ops II appear to have the Mercs' insignia on them.
- Intel from flashbacks in Call of Duty: Black Ops II appear to be tape records, whereas modern intel is a tablet similar to the player's.
- The cheat "A Bad Year" is likely a reference to the Goodyear tire company, as the effect of the cheat turns killed enemies into tires.