Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3Edit
|Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3|
|Strike Package Reward|
- "Once you hear the I.M.S. go off, it's too late."
- — In-game multiplayer intel
The I.M.S. is an anti-personnel system similar to the Bouncing Betty. It is a small box on the floor that fires an explosive shell vertically, which in turn then shoots an explosive down at enemies at a range of 6.5 metres. It can deploy a total of four explosive charges before self-destructing.
The I.M.S. makes a low-pitched "ping" sound when an enemy player enters close proximity, right as it sets off one of its charges. A set-off charge will almost always kill the player who set it off, regardless of if he has a Riot Shield (unless the player places it on his back and lies down immediately) or Blast Shield. It can be temporarily deactivated by concussion grenades and flashbangs.
It can also be destroyed by an EMP Grenade, or by simply shooting it until it takes enough damage. Also, knifing it would instantly destroy it. If a player places a second I.M.S. the first one will self destruct instantly. It is also one of the explosives that can be delayed by Stalker Pro. Putting a Trophy System over the I.M.S. will allow the user with even more protection from shot explosives.
Call of Duty: GhostsEdit
|Call of Duty: Ghosts|
|Strike Package Reward|
The I.M.S. returns in Call of Duty: Ghosts as a 5-point Assault streak. It functions almost exactly the same as it does in the version of the I.M.S in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, with some minor differences. One of the most major differences is that it is possible to avoid the explosive if it is discharged by taking cover behind a tall wall or object. The I.M.S. is also featured in Extinction mode.
- "The Intelligent Munitions System detects and eliminates enemy combatants."
- — In-game description
The I.M.S. appears in Extinction as a strike package, that costs $1250.
Initial - The Intelligent Munitions System detects and eliminates enemy combatants.
+1 - Cost: 1 - Four explosives each with a wider radial blast.
+2 - Cost: 1 - An enhanced targeting mechanism for quicker firing of explosives.
+3 - Cost: 2 - Improved explosives for a large scale damage increase.
+4 - Cost: 3 - Increased capacity allows the I.M.S. to contain six explosive canisters.
As of the 3rd June Update for the Invasion DLC, the I.M.S has 2 Armory Upgrades:
- I.M.S Fast Trigger (5 Teeth)
- I.M.S Flaming Pools (10 Teeth)
- It takes three hits from an I.M.S. to kill a Juggernaut.
- This means the I.M.S.' damage is over 416, as a Juggernaut has 1250 Health.
- The I.M.S. used the AC-130 icon in the killfeed in early development (seen at ending of the Survival Mode trailer). This was likely due to there not being an icon for the I.M.S. at that point.
- It is possible to get a headshot with the I.M.S.
- The I.M.S. will also attack Recon Drones.
- It is possible to avoid being killed by the explosive by crawling in the middle of the I.M.S.
- On the projectile of the I.M.S. says "reusable" on top.