|Appears in||Call of Duty: World at War|
Call of Duty: Black Ops (mentioned)
Call of Duty: Black Ops III (heard only)
|Affiliations||United States Marine Corps|
|Killed By||Zombified "Smokey"|
|Death||September 7th, 1945, Wittenau Sanatorium, Berlin, Germany|
Any weapon obtained by the player.
|Equipment||Stielhandgranate, Knife, Monkey Bomb|
John "Banana" is one of the four Marines that are playable in the map Verrückt in Call of Duty: World at War's Zombies mode. He and his squadmates were part of the mission to rescue Peter McCain which failed, leading to three of the four soldiers dying and one being captured and brainwashed. Oppenheimer and Bush discuss about him in the Call of Duty: Black Ops terminal, describing him as insane after experiencing being attacked by an undead Smokey, his feelings when killing his first zombies and his encounter with a Monkey Bomb. All of the information was left by him on pieces of paper as limericks.
- "My name is John. They call me Banana. I once worked at a Tex Mex cabana but now I am here. As walking dead near with nothing on me but a bandana."
- — Found in a blood stained piece of paper by roppen
- "I once knew a soldier named Smokey. He slapped me on the head and awoke me. Turns out he was dead. I cut off his head. Yet but headless he still tried to choke me."
- — First limerick found by vbush
- "Despite the scary, anxious feeling. Killing walking dead is appealing. My first kill felt great. Felt like my first date. Kicking their brains right up to the ceiling."
- — Second limerick found by vbush
- "Smokey and I were trapped in a room. We accepted our impending doom. 'Til we noticed a monkey. Which seemed kind of funkey. Until we threw it and it went boom."
- — Third limerick found by vbush; referring to the Monkey Bomb
- "Field report, a quiet retort, the mission has all gone south. It's Johnny here, Smokey is near most likely with meat in his mouth. We've been here for ages, I ran out of pages but now have a mic to record. The mission has failed, McCain must've bailed and now we must fight off a horde. We came to Verrückt with low ammo and luck and now Smokey's lost his head. We went down the halls, they bit Smokey's balls and now he walks with the dead. They call me Banana, I worked at a cabana, I rhyme to keep myself sane. Though Smokey's dead, I'm holding his head, but right now he's eating my brain..."
- — Radio recorded by John "Banana" in Revelations located in the Verrückt section of the map