|Strike Package Reward|
25 (24 w/ Hardline)
The K.E.M. (Kinetic Energy Missile) Strike is a 25 Pointstreak (24 with Hardline) that appears in Call of Duty: Ghosts. Similar to the Tactical Nuke and M.O.A.B. from Modern Warfare 2 and 3 respectively, once it is called in, a ten-second countdown timer begins and upon reaching zero, a brief slow-motion scene will occur and it will kill all the enemy players simultaneously (as well as change the terrain and layout of Strikezone). The K.E.M. Strike also leaves an EMP effect afterwards, similar to the M.O.A.B. making killstreaks useless for 60 seconds, and gives the user's team double XP for the rest of the game. Enemy pointstreaks that are present on the map will be destroyed, including Odin, Loki, Care Package(s) and Sentry Guns.
In addition to being a pointstreak, the K.E.M. Strike is used with the Predator Field Order reward on the map Ruins. Upon taking enough damage, the player will drop into a second chance position, and will activate a K.E.M. strike, killing all enemies. If the Predator takes too much damage in this state, the K.E.M will be detonated prematurely.
- When the K.E.M is detonated on Strikezone, the player appears to be teleported to a section of the map/an alternate map placed above the original, this can be seen if the friendly team has thrown down Ballistic Vests or an Ammo Crate; these end up underneath the map and are rendered unusable.
- Getting multiple K.E.M. Strikes, just like the M.O.A.B., will stack the Double XP effect. So two K.E.M. Strikes gives the team Quadruple XP, three K.E.M. Strikes rewards the team with Sextuple XP and so-on.
- Like the M.O.A.B., the K.E.M. Strike is also available in Infected and Drop Zone.
- Multiple K.E.M. Strikes cannot be earned in a single long pointstreak; the player must die and start their pointstreak again in order to receive another one this way. However, two K.E.M. Strikes can be earned in one life only once: one from the traditional 25-pointstreak, and another from a Care Package in Strikezone only.
- When the K.E.M is detonated on Free Fall, the map becomes extremely dark and dusty.
- On Ignition, the rocket launch near the start of a match appears to stop a K.E.M hitting the surface, but the falling parts of the rocket do still change the terrain.
- It can be earned multiple times from the Slot Machine Field Order on Showtime in the Nemesis map pack.