15 (SP & MP), 20 w/ Extended Clip
950 (Mystery Box)
15+135 (SP), 15+45 (MP)
300 (SP), 120 (MP)
1.5 normal, 1.85 empty
|Rate of Fire||
681 RPM (SP), 937 RPM (MP)
- "Fully automatic pistol. Incorporates recoil-mitigation technology."
- — Description.
In the campaign, the KAP-40 is used by the Mercs as a side-arm. KAP-40s are scarce throughout the campaign. The KAP-40, equipped with a Red Dot Sight, is used in "Karma" to dispose of the Mercs on the dance floor of Club Solar during a slow-motion sequence. The player can complete a challenge for this mission by obtaining 5 headshots during this sequence.
In multiplayer, the KAP-40 has a high fire rate with manageable recoil at close-quarters engagements. At longer ranges, the recoil is harder to control. The KAP-40's small 15-round magazine also means that the player will need to reload often. With the Extended Clip attachment, the magazine size is increased to 20 rounds. Although with Dual Wield, the weapon can be devastating, the hipfire accuracy is rather inaccurate, but the damage is higher at range.
- Reflex Sight (unlocked weapon level 2)
- Extended Clip (unlocked weapon level 3)
- Laser Sight (unlocked weapon level 4)
- Long Barrel (unlocked weapon level 5)
- FMJ (unlocked weapon level 6)
- Fast Mag (unlocked weapon level 7)
- Suppressor (unlocked weapon level 8)
- Tactical Knife (unlocked weapon level 9)
- Dual Wield (unlocked weapon level 10)
The KAP-40 appears in zombies mode, available in the Mystery Box for 950 points. It has a 12-round magazine and a high fire rate. Its usefulness drops after early rounds because of its low reserve ammo and small magazine. When Pack-a-Punched, it becomes the Karmic Atom Perforator 4000 and gains a 15-round magazine. In the gamemode Turned, it is the fifth weapon to be obtained if the player is a human.
- The KAP-40's serial number is KS702832.
- The KAP-40 is semi-automatic in a few occasions:
- It has a QR code painted on its left side, which is clearly visible when wielding it, and slightly visible in the Create-A-Class menu.
- The numbers .45 ACP is engraved on the side of the gun.
- The right side of the gun is a mirror image of the left side, with an ejection port added. Assuming this is intentional, this makes the weapon ambidextrous.
- When dry reloaded with a Tactical Knife the character will re-chamber the weapon by pressing the bolt release.