|You gotta aim down your sights for a clear view on target.
This article is a target for better images because the images are not up to standard.
|Rate of Fire||
The KS-23 is first seen in Operation 40 being wielded by Cuban soldiers defending Castro's compound. The player can take the weapon from every soldier using it. It has a very increased range and a devastating power, able to kill in one shot to every part of the body (including feet). After this mission, in can also be found in "Vorkuta", after Sergei opens the door and takes a pile of KS-23's from the main armory. In this mission, the gun has an harpoon attached to it, and it's used to take down a Russian Mi-8 Hip. The gun is also featured in "Crash Site" as Mason's secondary weapon and it can be used to kill Viet Cong's and Spetznas soldiers. It's also present in "Rebirth" when Mason and Reznov enter Steiner's lab. In this mission, the gun is taken from a guard patrolling the place.
- The KS-23 is one of the two shotguns that are exclusive to Call of Duty: Black Ops' campaign, the other being the Model 1887.
- The KS-23 boasts the capability to easily gib enemies.
- The KS-23's serial number is FS259.
- The KS-23 has the same firing animation as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2's SPAS-12, and the same reloading animation as the W1200 and the Stakeout.
- The KS-23 originally seems to have been planned for featuring in multiplayer too, as there is a file named "ks23_mp". However, it was removed for unknown reasons.
- If shot at a civilian/police car, the car will explode with one shot. This is seen more easily in "Operation 40".
- On the Wii version, the KS-23 pick up icon is The Stakeout`s Icon.
- The harpoon can be wielded via console commands giving it two harpoons and no actual reload animation.
- The KS-23 was set to appear in the Zombies game mode but was removed. It still remains in the .IWD game files called: ks23_zm and ks23_upgraded_zm.
- When ejecting a shell, 2 seems to appear.