28-15 (x9) (252-135)
12 Shells (18 With Extended Mags)
Level 4 (Multiplayer)
|Cost (Survival Mode)||
1.5 for the first shell, 0.66s for every shell after (0.833 with Grip), 0.9 to pump after reloading
|Rate of Fire||
The KSG 12 is unlocked at Level 4 in multiplayer. The KSG is a high capacity bullpup pump action shotgun dealing high damage. It features the second-highest damage per pellet of any manual-action shotgun (the others being the SPAS-12 and Model 1887), but firing slightly slower than the aforementioned weapons at 60 RPM. This is balanced by the shotgun's unparalleled capacity, tied with Striker at a 12 shell capacity. In addition, the damage at the edge of the KSG's range is moderate, even allowing for one-shot kills at the edge of its range, but kills at this range are unlikely due to the slow pump action and high spread. When fired from close ranges, the KSG is more likely to score a one-shot kill than any other shotgun. This shotgun is excellent at conserving ammunition, as its extensive amount of starting ammunition means that not only is reloading not an issue, but neither is the threat of running out of ammunition, even when overused.
On the January 25th (February 3rd for PS3) update, the USAS 12 and KSG 12 shotguns were buffed to increase effectiveness. The KSG 12 now shoots 9 pellets by default, as opposed to 6 previously. This essentially gives the KSG a 50% damage increase. This makes it function similar to how it did when used with the Extended Magazines attachment prior to the patch.
Interestingly, the grip attachment will increase the reload time on the KSG, and will add a second shell ejection sound effect when firing the gun while aiming.
- Grip - Unlocked at weapon level 2.
- Silencer - Unlocked at weapon level 5.
- Red Dot Sight - Unlocked at weapon level 12.
- Holographic Sight - Unlocked at weapon level 17.
- Extended Mags - Unlocked at weapon level 26.
- Kick - Unlocked at weapon level 4.
- Focus - Unlocked at weapon level 9.
- Attachments - Unlocked at weapon level 14.
- Melee - Unlocked at weapon level 19.
- Range - Unlocked at weapon level 23.
- Damage - Unlocked at weapon level 28.
The KSG 12 is available in Survival Mode at level 26 and costs $2000. Its slow rate of fire makes it difficult to engage multiple targets, but the damage of the KSG means it will usually take out an enemy in two to three shells. A unique feature about this weapon in Survival Mode is that it stuns the enemies for about one second, as opposed to the other shotguns that stuns the enemy for about 0.5 seconds.
- While it is described as a pump-action shotgun in all other areas, the KSG 12 is listed as a double-barrel in Survival Mode.
- The KSG 12 with golden camouflage uses golden shells. This is also seen on the Model 1887.
- The KSG 12 has a grip attached to it, even when not using the Grip attachment. This can be seen when switching weapons.