Keating dead in the cockpit of the AH-1W Super Cobra.
|Appears in||Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare|
|Affiliations||United States Marine Corps Force Reconnaissance Aviation|
|Death||Day 3, 2011, Shock and Awe, Ahvaz, Iran|
- "I'm here! Keating is K.I.A.! Hostiles moving in fast! I sure could use some help down here."
- — Pelayo on impact
He dies as heard by Pelayo, whom Sgt. Jackson rescues. He is named after Infinity Ward employee Jake Keating.
It is most likely that Keating died by the impact of the crash, or by the impact of the Stinger missile. Keating is not heard or seen throughout the rest of the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare campaign, you only hear his name when he is announced K.I.A. by Pelayo.
- In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, in "S.S.D.D." and "Of Their Own Accord", an NPC named Cpl. Keating can be seen playing basketball with Cpl. Macey. Cpl. Keating may also appear as a Marine in "The Bog".
- In USMC levels before "Shock And Awe", there can be a Marine named Pvt. Keating as a generated name.
- In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, in the campaign level "Wolverines!", there is a gas station named Keating which is visible when the convoy arrives.
- In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, on the multiplayer map Highrise, the player can see a building with the words "KEATING" written on the side.