The Killfeed is the portion of the HUD, present in all game modes including Hardcore, which presents a constantly updating log of kills obtained by players during a match. It is seen in the bottom left corner of the screen in all games but Call of Duty: Ghosts, where it is in the top right.
The Killfeed displays the action in a match - players dying. When a headshot is achieved it is always shown no matter what weapon was used.
Kills in the Killfeed are displayed as the killer, the weapon used, and the victim. An example would be:
Player 1 Player 2
In the above example, Player 1 killed Player 2 with an M4A1. In the case of suicide, the cause of death is shown, followed by the player who killed him or herself. An example would be:
In the above example, Player 1 killed himself by his/her own grenade. In addition, the Call of Duty: Black Ops and the Call of Duty: Black Ops II killfeed affixes "mistakes were made." Player 1 can also do this by exceeding the boundaries of the map.
Player 1 Mistakes were made.
In Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: World at War, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, player name colors are dictated by their team; friendlies are white and enemies are red. However, in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, the players' names are colored by the team's faction: OpFor is orange, Spetsnaz is red, TF141 is white, Navy SEALS are blue, and Rangers are yellow. In Free-for-All, all player names are either white or blue.
The killfeed also reads out certain aspects of what occurs during the game, such as flags being captured, bombs planted, players calling in killstreak/scorestreak/pointstreak rewards and players ranking up.
- When a player is indirectly killed, such as killing someone in the blast of an oxygen tank in Modern Warfare 2 or a bomb site, a skull and crossbones is shown as the killing weapon. This also appears in Black Ops when getting an Afterlife kill with the Flamethrower attachment, or killing someone with the explosion of a Flashbang. In Modern Warfare 3, the skull and crossbones is also occasionally shown when getting kills with Dead Man's Hand.
- In Call of Duty: Black Ops, if someone is revived, the victim and the reviver will appear on the killfeed with a syrette as the weapon.
- In the Call of Duty: Black Ops killfeed, knife, gas, tomahawk, underbarrel, and killstreak rewards all have a red splatter background.
- If a player falls to their death, an icon of a person falling appears next to their name.
- Killfeeds cannot be seen in split-screen in Call of Duty: Black Ops and Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
- In Modern Warfare 3, kills with an underbarrel attachment (grenade launcher or shotgun) will simply display the weapon it was attached to rather than the underbarrel itself in the killfeed. This is also true in Ghosts and Infinite Warfare.
- A direct impact from a grenade for a kill will show a person being blasted with a projectile in the killfeed, and being crushed by a Care Package in Modern Warfare 3 will show a person desperately running from a large white object about to crush them.
- In Black Ops II, Black Ops III and Infinite Warfare, the player is awarded a Quad Feed medal if they get four kills to simultaneously show uninterrupted in the killfeed.