League Play is a new numerical system that is used for the first time alongside XP in Call of Duty: Black Ops II. A player's league is determined by how many games they win or lose. If they lose often, then they'll risk being demoted to the league below. If they win often, then they will be promoted to the next League.
Currently, there are two different Series to compete in. These are the Champions Series and the Moshpit Series.
Capture the Flag, Hardpoint, and Search & Destroy with competitive rules and maps.
- Gameplay restrictions apply.
- Team and solo rank.
- Split-screen not permitted.
- No UAV, Hunter Killer, Care Packages, Counter-UAV, Guardian, Sentry Gun, or Orbital VSAT.
- No Tactical Insertions or Shock Charges.
- No Hardline or Ghost.
- No Bouncing Betty, C4, or Claymore.
- Lock-on only Launchers, in other words, only the FHJ-88 AA is allowed.
- No FAL OSW or Dual Wield.
- Solo rank.
- Split-screen is not permitted.
When playing in League Play, the player is placed in a Division. Depending on the player's performance, they can be promoted or demoted to different divisions.
Maps and ModesEdit
League Play allows the player to only play maps that are seen as balanced and well suited for the Game Mode being played.
List of Maps and ModesEdit
- Express - (Search and Destroy)
- Meltdown - (Search and Destroy)
- Raid - (Search and Destroy / Hardpoint / Capture the Flag)
- Slums - (Hardpoint / Capture the Flag)
- Standoff - (Search and Destroy / Hardpoint / Capture the Flag)
- Yemen - (Hardpoint)
- When using Create-A-Class in League Play, all items unlocked with Allocation Points are available by default.
- Camouflages cannot be unlocked in League Play and kills with a specific weapon will only count towards the player's Combat Record if the gun is unlocked for Public Match.
- League Play does count towards Kill/Death Ratio and Score Per Minute.
- XP can be gained during League Play, with 10,000 XP per game won and 7500 XP for every game lost.
- If the player leaves the session early, that player will be placed in "probation" which temporary disables the player from joining a League Play session.
- ↑ http://www.examiner.com/article/black-ops-2-league-play-season-1-series-divisions-and-standings-details