- "Lightning is POWER!"
- — Samantha Maxis when the power-up is acquired.
Call of the DeadEdit
Max Ammo can replenish the ammo for the Wunderwaffe DG-2. Picking up a Death Machine power-up will cause it to be replaced by the Death Machine. Getting downed will cause the player to lose it. While holding it, the player is unable to purchase wall items, switch weapons, throw grenades, buy perks, pick up or place Claymores, or revive teammates.
Dead Ops ArcadeEdit
The Lightning Bolt randomly appears on the map like other power-ups. When obtained, the player gets an extra dash attack, which is stored in the inventory until used with the fire button. The dash attack allows the player to move faster than before for a brief moment and with invincibility, killing any zombie in the player's way.
- The Lightning Bolt and the Death Machine are the only power-ups in zombies that do not affect the entire team directly. Only the person that grabs the Lightning Bolt power-up will receive the Wunderwaffe DG-2.
- The power-up drop is the same as the Death Machine. The only difference between them is that the bullets point upward while the Death Machine's bullets point downwards.
- Two players cannot have the Wunderwaffe DG-2 at the same time. If George Romero is killed a second time, and a player is still holding the Wunderwaffe DG-2, he will drop a Death Machine instead.
- In the iOS/mobile version of Call of Duty: Black Ops ZOMBIES, the power up can only be obtained by killing the Uber Zombie (George)
- It is possible to get the Wunderwaffe DG-2 before completing the easter egg. The players have to kill George A. Romero with a Death Machine power up active.
- It is impossible to Pack-a-Punch the Wunderwaffe DG-2 in Call of the Dead.
- The upgraded version is missing a texture thus making it look white.