- "Join Icarus Team as they assault the Federation space station and attempt to take control of its orbital weapons."
- — Mission Description
|Previous level||Severed Ties|
|Next level||The Ghost Killer (almost concurrent/simultaneously)|
|Game||Call of Duty: Ghosts|
|Place||LOKI Space Station, Low Earth Orbit|
|Date||July 5th, 2027 - 15:41:10|
|Objective||Assault the station. |
Locate an entrance to the station.
Enter the station through the open hatch. (Objective Failed)
Locate the control module.
Get to the control module.
Breach the control room.
Activate the Kinetic Rod targeting controller.
Eliminate the incoming Federation forces.
Defend the allies.
Target the train.
"Loki" is the seventeenth and penultimate campaign mission of Call of Duty: Ghosts. It involves Icarus Team raiding and commandeering the LOKI Space Station reverse engineered from ODIN by the Federation, which controls armed satellites used against ground targets. This mission takes place around the same time Logan and Hesh board and assault the Federation supply train to kill Rorke as well as a few minutes before Icarus Team is ordered by Merrick to fire upon the train tracks, at the demand of Hesh prior to breaching the engine room with Logan.
- Sgt. Thompson (playable)
- 2nd Lt. Collins
- Thomas A. Merrick (heard only)
- Logan Walker (seen as on train)
- David "Hesh" Walker (seen as on train)
Sgt. Thompson, 2nd Lt. Collins, and the other American astronauts are deployed from their space shuttle. They shoot their way through external and internal parts of the LOKI command station, killing the enemy Federation astronauts who stand in their way. They try to access the control room via the central hatch, but it explodes before entry. Left with no other choice, they are forced to fight their way to the control room from the outside the station. After clearing all the enemies outside, they plant explosives on the control room's exterior. After detonating them, they kill the Federation troops inside. With the rods under their control, they destroy multiple Federation ground targets, Merrick (ordered by Hesh) orders the team to fire at the train, but Collins argues, saying that there are Ghosts on the train. Merrick replies that the order comes from the Ghosts. Thompson then fires at the train with a kinetic rod. The mission ends with the rod hitting the tracks.
- Loki (20/ Bronze Trophy ) - Commandeer the enemy space station. (Complete "Loki" on any difficulty.)
- They Look Like Ants (20/ Bronze Trophy ) - Destroy all enemy ground targets and kill no allies with the rods.
|Found in level|
- Main article: Loki/Transcript
- Just after the player is given control of LOKI and is allowed to target Federation forces, a timer appears at the bottom right-hand corner. It will continue even when the game is paused.
- Before taking control of LOKI, if the player looks at the other firing satellites, their rods oddly fly all across South America.
- The ARX-160s dropped from enemies lack the grenade launcher model in their third-person view, but the player still receives an extra grenade for it when picking up ammo from the weapon.
- The team named Icarus is a reference to Icarus from Greek mythology.