- It is possible to kill Archer and Toad, the snipers, by carefully planting a Claymore next to them and shooting it. The player can also kill them by cooking a fragmentation grenade, throwing it, and making one of them pick it up. If cooked long enough, the grenade will explode in his hand or just after throwing, killing them, or making a undetonated grenade launcher hit them.
- If Archer or Toad's M14 EBR is picked up, it will only have about 20 rounds.
- If the player shoots while "shell-shocked" due to the land-mines, the weapon's fire rate seems to double.
- There are more mines than just the ones used in the ambush; some are along the driveway of the house and detonate if the player attempts to exit the level through the driveway gate.
- If the player runs down the driveway when the two bulletproof jeeps appear, it is possible to notice a wrecked jeep blocking the driveway before the two jeeps are destroyed.
- In the ambush there are soldiers firing RPGs from atop a ridge to the left. However these soldiers are dressed in Urban camouflage as seen in the Rangers campaign.
- The way that Archer and Toad's M14's sound like Interventions is very similar to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, where Smith and Scully's M21's sound like Dragunovs.
- There are two inflatable rubber sex dolls spread around the level, one underneath the staircase in the main room where the player places the DSM, and another in a compromising position in a bathtub upstairs.
- In the upstairs bathroom, (not the sex doll one but the one at the top of the stairs) there is a teddy bear stabbed into the wall with a throwing knife.
- On one of the lower shelves in the kitchen there are two packages labeled "Real Cherry Pie".
- In one of the upstairs rooms of the house is a poster of a Russian woman wielding a Thompson submachine gun. This is the same poster found in "All Ghillied Up" and "Crew Expendable " and the multiplayer maps: Derail and Vacant. It is also out of the map in "Hidden."
- Some AK-74u mags can be found upstairs, even though the game has no AK-74u.
- Throughout the level the player will see numerous Sentry Guns lying around. However, none of them are fully assembled, so they cannot be used against the Ultranationalist counter-attack.
- When Scarecrow says "Frag out" when the player is clearing the basement, he actually throws a flashbang.
- Before breaching the exit in the basement, the windows throughout the house have newspaper and shutters over them. Once the player breaches the basement exit, these are removed.
- The plans for the airport attack in "No Russian" can be found in the living room, including a blueprint of the airport and a readable newspaper report on the massacre.
- Many newspaper clippings can be seen around the main floor, revealing that Makarov was responsible for a bombing attack on London's Piccadilly Circus, as well as the GUM supermarket in Red Square, Moscow.
- Inside the armory, there is a poster for cigarettes with a picture of Stalin on the box.
- If the player looks at the blue refrigerator in the kitchen, they can see multiple frying pans floating in mid air on top of it.
- The kitchen was apparently used as a bomb crafting area before Task Force 141 arrived.
- When the player breaches the weapon room in the basement, there is someone with a Woodland Camo Striker.
- A book with the title Poetry and Philosophy can be found in the Basement.
- Another book "The Jungle Book" can be found in the basement.
- If akimbo TMPs are found, it is possible to see an interesting animation if they are equipped as the player breaches.
- In the basement armory, the player can find three throwing knives stabbed into the weapons board.
Download and defense Edit
- If one strays too far from the safehouse, Ghost will say the DSM will be destroyed and the connection will break up. But, the screen still shows how much the DSM has already downloaded and will keep on increasing in numbers even though Ghost said it was destroyed. Ghost has a panicking tone in his voice, and he says "Roach! They've destroyed the DSM, they've destroyed---Oz---I'm hit!!". Although the latter is hard to hear through static and gunfire. Interestingly, even if Ozone has been cut down, he will address Ozone that he has been hit.
- When Ozone is cut down, his actual dialogue differs from what is written in the subtitles.
- Even though the briefing says it takes place on the Georgian-Russian border, it is implied that it takes place on the Russian side because Price says to Ghost "Good luck out there in Russia."
- The 6/4/10 update makes the Little Bird able to be shot down by launchers.
- Shepherd's Shadow Company soldiers can be heard shouting "Go, go, go" and "Coming in hot." The audio is the same as that used in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare's "Charlie Don't Surf", as well as in the level "Just Like Old Times" when the Shadow Company breaches the cave when aware of Price and Soap.
- This level seems to be the only one in the campaign where wood-camouflage weapons are obtained.
- Roach will not die when Ghost is dragging him no matter how much he is hit.
- Using a PC cheat (noclip), one can see Ghost carrying Roach's headless body when he is about to board the helicopter.
- Also using the noclip cheat looking inside the helicopter where Shepherd walks off, both of the pilots were used from Volker's model.
- When Shepherd shoots Roach, the .44 Magnum makes the gunshot noise similar to the sound of the Desert Eagle, but makes the sound of an Intervention shot when he shoots Ghost.
- Radio chatter after the betrayal suggests that Archer and Toad (the over-watching snipers) were discovered by Shadow Company using thermal detectors.
- In the safehouse living room, there is a table in the back left corner with newspapers titled "The Infinity Ward Times".
- The multiplayer map "Estate" and Special Ops mission "Estate Takedown" are based on this level.
- This is the second of two levels that Shepherd's rank is abbreviated, the first time in S.S.D.D.
- The achievement/trophy "The Pawn" is achieved when completing this mission, as the name signs that the Task Force 141 soldiers were just pawns to assault Makarov's safe house and get the intel that states that Makarov and Shepherd worked together, and killed when no longer needed, and is also a reference to the game of chess, because many players often rely on pawns to do the "dirty work", and are easily dispensable and replaceable.
- This is the only time in the campaign that Red Smoke is used. Ghost will use it as the player is knocked out near Shepherd's Pave Low to signal where support fire is to be directed.
- In the kitchen, there is a brick cook station with a chimney that goes nowhere as it is under the stair landing.
- This is only one of two levels in the single-player campaign, the other one being Of Their Own Accord, where the Barrett M82 can be found and used. It is found in one of the rooms of the basement.
- This is the only campaign level where the Barrett .50cal is found portable.
- The Shadow Company members who throw Roach and Ghost into the pit after killing them are not randomly generated, but the one who douses them with gasoline is.
- The ACR's Holographic Sight in this mission has the same level of zoom and aim speed as an ACOG Scope.
- This is the only Task Force 141 level where Soap doesn't make a visual or vocal appearence, he is only mentioned throughout the level.