The MAC11 is a weapon that appears in Call of Duty: Black Ops and Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified. In Call of Duty: Black Ops, it is classified as a submachine gun, whereas in Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified, it is classified as a handgun.
Call of Duty: Black OpsEdit
|Damage Multipliers||Head: 1.4, Body: 1, Limbs: 1|
|Weapon Class||Submachine gun|
|Magazine Size||20 rounds (30 with Extended Mag)|
|Cost (Black Ops)||2000|
|Starting Ammunition||20 + 60 (MP)|
|Maximum Ammunition||600 (SP standard, 900 with Extended Mag), 160 (MP)|
|Reload Time||2.1 loaded, 2.8 unloaded|
|Rate of Fire||937 RPM|
|Recoil center speed||1700|
Soviet Armed Forces
The MAC11 is one of Alex Mason's starting weapons on board the Rusalka during the mission "Redemption" with Extended Mags and a Red Dot Sight equipped. Enemies will occasionally drop MAC11s with a Red Dot Sight or Extended Mags. There is also a MAC11 with Dual Wield found near the helipad.
The MAC11 is unlocked for purchase at level 11. The MAC11 has relatively low recoil, and moderate damage comparable to most other submachine guns in Call of Duty: Black Ops. It also features the shortest reload time out of all the submachine guns when not using reload cancel. The switch time, comparable to a handgun's, is faster than most other submachine gun as well.
Like some other submachine guns, the MAC11 has a 20-round magazine, and due to its high rate of fire, it is emptied very quickly. The three reserve magazines only provide an additional 60 rounds, so ammunition reserves tend to run low quickly. The low magazine size can be negated by purchasing the Extended Mag attachment, which gives the weapon a 30-round magazine. The Scavenger Perk may help by providing additional reserve ammo as well, and Sleight of Hand will speed up the frequent reloads.
Rapid Fire can be a very effective attachment to use with the MAC11, due to its low recoil. However, the magazine will be emptied quite rapidly while using this attachment. Using Sleight of Hand and Scavenger combined with its already fast reload will counter some of these disadvantages. The use of Extended Mags and a Grip via Warlord is a good pair, as the MAC11 will have the 30-round magazine it needs and will also have virtually no recoil.
A rarely seen, but effective attachment for the MAC11, is Dual Wield. This gives the player much more killing power at the cost of accuracy, but makes for a great offensive class when paired with Steady Aim.
The iron sights are generally unobstructed and easy to use, although at 1.2x zoom, they provide slightly less magnification than the typical 1.3x of most other weapons, though this could be seen as an advantage in close combat, where the MAC11 excels.
Overall, with its high rate of fire, reload and switch time, the MAC11 is well suited to a run-and-gun style of play. Despite its decent stats, however, the MAC11 is generally overlooked by players due to the more powerful or popular submachine guns in the game, such as the AK74u and the Spectre.
Call of Duty: Black OpsEdit
- When attaching a Grip onto the MAC11, it adds a stock onto the end of it. Originally, this stock was meant to be on the weapon in its folded position without the grip attachment, though this was removed. On the Wii version however, the stock is folded when the Grip is equipped. It also still appears in folded position when using Dual Wield.
- As with all other 30 to 20 damage submachine guns, the MAC11 with Rapid Fire has no effect on the Wii.
- The pickup and Create-a-Class icons both show the MAC11 with a folded stock and no magazine.
- When an AI holds the MAC11, he holds it as though it was a larger gun, resulting in their hand gripping onto air.
- The MAC11 has a M16 style selector switch on the left side of the weapon, this being most noticeable in its Create-a-Class picture.
- When sprinting, it is held with two hands in First-Person. This is easier seen at maximum FOV.
Call of Duty: Black Ops: DeclassifiedEdit
|Magazine Size||16 rounds|
The MAC11 also appears in Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified, but now it is classified as a handgun, with a 16-round magazine capacity.
- Noise Suppressor
- Weight Balance
- Quickdraw Handle
- Adjustable Stock
- Improved Grip
- Rapid Fire
- Tactical Knife
- Red Dot Sight
- Extended Barrel
- Extended Mags