Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3Edit
32 rounds (48 Extended Mags)
Level 16 (Multiplayer)
|Cost (Survival Mode)||
32 + 96
2.1 seconds loaded; 2.93 seconds unloaded
|Rate of Fire||
|Recoil center speed||
The gun is very similar to the TMP in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 visually and statistically, with a similar rate of fire, recoil and almost identical reload, but slower, as the player taps the magazine in place after inserting it, most likely implemented to balance the larger magazine capacity. The MP9 has a darker finish and has different iron sights as well; the rear sight is now open as opposed to the TMP's aperture sight in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
It is the second machine pistol unlocked in the game. With its high rate of fire, large magazine, moderately fast reload, and moderate, but predictable recoil, it is a very versatile weapon. It actually has the lowest recoil of all machine pistols, making it useful even at mid range combat. However, it has a few downsides; first, it has the slowest switch time of all the machine pistols, with a draw time of 0.8 seconds. This means the MP9 cannot be easily be pulled out in a heated firefight, such as when the player's primary weapon needs to reload, but he/she can compensate for this with Sleight of Hand Pro. It also has very low minimum damage at range, taking 6 shots to kill at longer distances. This is rather rare, since the MP9 has significantly higher range than any other machine pistol, and given the range it is intended to be used on, it will almost never come to that point. One of the main advantages of the MP9 is its headshot multiplier, dealing twice the damage. It's the highest multiplier of any gun, only matched by the Skorpion. It excels in close range encounters as its recoil can easily get it headshots (unless originally aiming for the head) but if facing multiple enemies the extended mags attachment could be useful. The Silencer is also great, as its range is not significantly hampered and will also take out the obstructive muzzle flash and keep the player off the radar.
- Suppressor - Unlocked at weapon level 2.
- Akimbo - Unlocked at weapon level 5.
- Red Dot Sight - Unlocked at weapon level 7.
- Holographic Sight - Unlocked at weapon level 8.
- Extended Mags - Unlocked at weapon level 10.
The MP9 is available in Survival Mode at level 17 and costs $1500.
DemonstrationEditModern Warfare 3 - MP9 Demonstration(00:19)
302 viewsModern Warfare 3 - MP9 Akimbo Demonstration(00:21)
- When the player runs with the MP9, he/she can see his/her character holds a magazine in his left hand.
- When viewed from third-person, the player's hand slightly obscures the barrel of the weapon.
- Like the USAS 12 and Skorpion, using this weapon increases the player's sprint time by 75%.
- There is a foldable stock on the right side of the MP9, this is better seen while sprinting.
- At Call of Duty XP, the Sprint Animation was identical to the TMP from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
- When using Akimbo, the MP9 in the left hand is silent in the Wii version.
- If the Field of View is set to any value higher than 80 while using the Akimbo MP9s, the player can see a third hand between the two hands when the player reloads. This extra hand is always bare and acts as if it is holding a pistol.
- It uses the Mini-Uzi's firing sound in the Wii version.