| Dragonfire (MP)|
|Appears in||Call of Duty: Black Ops II|
|Found in||Achilles' Veil, Cordis Die, Judgement Day, Strike Force|
|Used by||J-SOC, Cordis Die, Mercs, SDC, Yemeni Army|
The MQ-27 Dragonfire, or Quadrotor, is an unmanned flying drone featured in almost all of the futuristic missions in Call of Duty: Black Ops II, as well as a usable drone in Strike Force missions and multiplayer matches. After taking enough damage, it falls to the ground and explodes; the resulting explosion is not lethal. In campaign, the Dragonfire is named the Quadrotor.
In campaign missions, only in "Achilles' Veil" a swarm of Quads drones would be temporarily assigned to David "Section" Mason, in others it can only be acquired via accessing locked containers using the Access Kit. A interesting note is that some Dragonfires are equipped with grenade launchers while others have the default machine gun.
Mounted Machine Gun
The Dragonfire is a small target and can ben hard to take down especially with bullet weapons. It is more forgiving to use a lock-on launcher such as the FHJ-18AA.
In Call of Duty: Strike TeamEdit
The Dragonfire returns in Call of Duty: Strike Team the player uses it to look down and control your squad. It does not however have any weaponry.
- Along with the VTOL Warship and A.G.R., the Dragonfire's timer will continue when paused on Theater Mode.
- There is the name "Charlene" etched in one of the rotors. The name "Charlene" is a reference to the demonstration of the Dragonfire by FPSRussia, a well-known weapon demonstrator and internet personality on YouTube.
- Friendly and enemy C4 can be placed on the MQ-27 Dragonfire.
- Said friendly C4 can turn the Dragonfire in to a flying highly mobile bomb except that the Dragonfire will not explode along with the C4. AS well, enemy C4's can pose a viable threat to Dragonfires.
- Enemy players cannot be killed by colliding with the Dragonfire.
- A Guardian cannot destroy the Dragonfire.
- A.G.R.s will not target Dragonfires.
- In campaign missions, Dragonfires can be ordered to attack and kill allies without facing repercussions from friendly fire.
- If a Dragonfire is destroyed and crashes into and kills an enemy, the player who scrapped the Dragonfire will be awarded with a Dragonfire kill.