| Dragonfire (MP)|
|Appears in||Call of Duty: Black Ops II|
|Found in||Achilles' Veil, Cordis Die, Judgement Day, Strike Force|
|Used by||J-SOC, Cordis Die, Mercs, SDC, Yemeni Army|
The MQ-27 Dragonfire, or Quadrotor, is an unmanned flying drone featured in almost all of the futuristic missions in Call of Duty: Black Ops II, as well as a usable drone in Strike Force missions and multiplayer matches. It also appears in Call of Duty: Strike Team and Call of Duty: Heroes. After taking enough damage, it falls to the ground and explodes; the resulting explosion is not lethal. In campaign, the Dragonfire is named the Quadrotor.
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIEdit
Mounted Machine Gun
In campaign missions, only in "Achilles' Veil" a swarm of Quads drones would be temporarily assigned to David "Section" Mason, in others it can only be acquired via accessing locked containers using the Access Kit. A interesting note is that some Dragonfires are equipped with grenade launchers while others have the default machine gun.
The MQ-27 Dragonfire is a scorestreak that can be used after obtaining 975 points. It is player-controlled, and the player can control it for about one minute before it is automatically detonated. It also detonates if the player leaves it prematurely, goes too far from the map or it takes too much damage. Its only weapon is a machine gun that takes five bullets to kill at close to medium ranges and seven at long range. It is seen in the minimap by enemies at all times.
It is fairly nimble to move, though it is also relatively fragile. It can be destroyed with bullet weapons rather fast, or simply one EMP Grenade given that it is in the blast radius. Oddly enough, it can survive two rockets from the FHJ-18 AA despite its weakness to conventional weapons.
Call of Duty: Strike TeamEdit
The Dragonfire returns in Call of Duty: Strike Team. The player uses it to look down and control their squad. It does not, however, have any weaponry.
Call of Duty: HeroesEdit
|Appears in||Call of Duty: Heroes|
|Target Type||Air, Ground|
The Dragonfire returns in Call of Duty: Heroes. It can be trained as soon as the Machine Compound is built. It can also be purchased decoratively for 400 .
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIEdit
- Along with the VTOL Warship and A.G.R., the Dragonfire's timer will continue when paused on Theater Mode.
- There is the name "Charlene" etched in one of the rotors. The name "Charlene" is a reference to the demonstration of the Dragonfire by FPSRussia, a well-known weapon demonstrator and internet personality on YouTube.
- Friendly and enemy C4 can be placed on the MQ-27 Dragonfire.
- Said friendly C4 can turn the Dragonfire in to a flying highly mobile bomb except that the Dragonfire will not explode along with the C4. AS well, enemy C4's can pose a viable threat to Dragonfires.
- Enemy players cannot be killed by colliding with the Dragonfire.
- A Guardian cannot destroy the Dragonfire.
- A.G.R.s will not target Dragonfires.
- In campaign missions, Dragonfires can be ordered to attack and kill allies without facing repercussions from friendly fire.
- If a Dragonfire is destroyed and crashes into and kills an enemy, the player who scrapped the Dragonfire will be awarded with a Dragonfire kill.