| Dragonfire (MP)|
|Appears in||Call of Duty: Black Ops II|
|Found in||Achilles' Veil, Cordis Die, Judgement Day, Strike Force|
|Used by||J-SOC, Cordis Die, Mercs, SDC, Yemeni Army|
The MQ-27 Dragonfire, or Quadrotor, is an unmanned flying drone featured in almost all of the futuristic missions in Call of Duty: Black Ops II, as well as a usable drone in Strike Force missions and multiplayer matches. After taking enough damage, it falls to the ground and explodes; the resulting explosion is not lethal. In campaign, the Dragonfire is named the Quadrotor.
In campaign missions, only in "Achilles' Veil" a swarm of Quads drones would be temporarily assigned to David "Section" Mason, in others it can only be acquired via accessing locked containers using the Access Kit. A interesting note is that some Dragonfires are equipped with grenade launchers while others have the default machine gun.
Mounted Machine Gun
In multiplayer, The MQ-27 Dragonfire is a scorestreak that is usable at a score of 975 (or basically 10 kills) that is controlled by the player and hovers around the map. The only weapons that it uses are its machine gun that takes five bullets to kill at close-medium range and seven at long range.
The Dragonfire is a small target and can be hard to take down especially with bullet weapons. It is more forgiving to use a lock-on launcher such as the FHJ-18AA.
In Call of Duty: Strike TeamEdit
The Dragonfire returns in Call of Duty: Strike Team the player uses it to look down and control your squad. It does not however have any weaponry.
- Along with the VTOL Warship and A.G.R., the Dragonfire's timer will continue when paused on Theater Mode.
- There is the name "Charlene" etched in one of the rotors. The name "Charlene" is a reference to the demonstration of the Dragonfire by FPSRussia, a well-known weapon demonstrator and internet personality on YouTube.
- Friendly and enemy C4 can be placed on the MQ-27 Dragonfire.
- Said friendly C4 can turn the Dragonfire in to a flying highly mobile bomb except that the Dragonfire will not explode along with the C4. AS well, enemy C4's can pose a viable threat to Dragonfires.
- Enemy players cannot be killed by colliding with the Dragonfire.
- A Guardian cannot destroy the Dragonfire.
- A.G.R.s will not target Dragonfires.
- In campaign missions, Dragonfires can be ordered to attack and kill allies without facing repercussions from friendly fire.
- If a Dragonfire is destroyed and crashes into and kills an enemy, the player who scrapped the Dragonfire will be awarded with a Dragonfire kill.