- "A master of the one-shot kill, the bolt-action MSR deals exceptionally high damage from exceptionally far distances. Paced shooting and an even-tempered approach ensures any MSR sharpshooter success no matter the range."
- — Combat Card description
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3Edit
98 (70 silenced)
Head: x1.5 Chest: x1.5 Abdomen: x1.1 Limbs: x1
5 rounds (7 with Extended Mags)
Level 66 (Multiplayer)
|Cost (Survival Mode)||
5 + 15 (MP)
100 (SP), 40 (MP)
2.268s loaded, 3.867s unloaded
|Rate of Fire||
50 RPM (SP), 65 RPM (MP)
The MSR appears in the mission "Iron Lady", where it is useful for picking off enemies at range in the ground-based section of the mission.
The MSR is unlocked at Level 66 in multiplayer. It is the very last sniper rifle to be unlocked. It is nearly identical to the L118A, but features a different scope along with a faster rate of fire and a faster reload.
As with all sniper rifles, Quickdraw is a great perk to use to speed up its lethargic aim time. Sleight of Hand Pro can also be useful, as one can quickly switch to another weapon in a close quarters pinch, and the faster reload can save one's life when faced with many enemies at once.
The MSR is available in Survival Mode at level 7, it is the first sniper available, and costs $2000. The MSR is a good choice for the early rounds as its high damage and relatively low recoil make it easy to pick off enemies. However, it is advised to replace this weapon when heavy troops appear as it can no longer kill with a single shot.
- ACOG Scope - Unlocked at weapon level 2.
- Silencer - Unlocked at weapon level 5.
- Heartbeat Sensor - Unlocked at weapon level 13.
- Extended Mags - Unlocked at weapon level 15.
- Thermal Scope - Unlocked at weapon level 19.
- Variable Zoom - Unlocked at weapon level 22.
- Kick - Unlocked at weapon level 4.
- Impact - Unlocked at weapon level 10.
- Attachments - Unlocked at weapon level 14.
- Focus - Unlocked at weapon level 18.
- Speed - Unlocked at weapon level 24.
- Stability - Unlocked at weapon level 28.
DemonstrationEditMSR Demonstration - Modern Warfare 3(00:26)
- The MSR has the Remington logo on the left side of the weapon, similar to the ACR 6.8 and the RSASS.
- In addition, it has a Leupold logo visible on the scope's elevation turret.
- In the Dew XP promotion, Price's Combat Card claims his main weapons are the MSR and CM901 despite never using them in-game.
- The MSR has a diagonally mounted rail just above the character's left thumb in a similar fashion to the RSASS used in Eye of the Storm, however it can never be used.
- On proficiency titles such as Kick, the picture is the side profile of the MSR.
- The serial number of the MSR is XC220319, the same as the PP90M1.