Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "A master of the one-shot kill, the bolt-action MSR deals exceptionally high damage from exceptionally far distances. Paced shooting and an even-tempered approach ensures any MSR sharpshooter success no matter the range."
- — Combat Card description
The Remington MSR is a bolt-action sniper rifle featured in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Call of Duty Online. It also makes a camo appearance Call of Duty: Ghosts, and was cut from Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3Edit
98 (70 silenced)
Head: x1.5 Chest: x1.5 Abdomen: x1.1 Limbs: x1
5 rounds (7 with Extended Mags)
Level 66 (Multiplayer)
|Cost (Survival Mode)||
5 + 15 (MP)
5+100 (SP), 5+40 (MP)
2.268s loaded, 3.867s unloaded
|Rate of Fire||
50 RPM (SP), 65 RPM (MP)
The MSR appears in the mission "Iron Lady", where it is useful for picking off enemies at range in the ground-based section of the mission.
The MSR is the last sniper rifle unlocked, at level 66.
A major thing to note is that the MSR is statistically similar to the L118A in almost every way. They have the same base damage, magazine size, and multipliers. The only differences are the unlock times, as the L118A is unlocked with Create-a-Class, whereas the MSR must be unlocked at level 66. As well, the MSR cycles the bolt and reloads faster, and thus, has a higher rate of fire and reload time over the L118A. It also has a larger/ more circular scope than the L118A, giving more peripheral vision during ADS. Due to these simple facts, many players that have it unlocked would choose the MSR.
Due to the aforementioned strengths of the MSR, it is much more suited towards aggressive sniping, where it is more forgiving when the enemy is missed or shot in the limbs, and that less time is required to reload. Its popularity online is reflected upon by several players, as its simple-but-deadly statistics allow a good wielder to dominate the battleground with relative ease.
The MSR is available in Survival Mode at level 7, it is the first sniper available, and costs $2000. The MSR is a good choice for the early rounds as its high damage and relatively low recoil make it easy to pick off enemies. However, it is advised to replace this weapon when heavy troops appear as it can no longer kill with a single shot.
- ACOG Scope - Unlocked at weapon level 2.
- Silencer - Unlocked at weapon level 5.
- Heartbeat Sensor - Unlocked at weapon level 13.
- Extended Mags - Unlocked at weapon level 15.
- Thermal Scope - Unlocked at weapon level 19.
- Variable Zoom - Unlocked at weapon level 22.
- Kick - Unlocked at weapon level 4.
- Impact - Unlocked at weapon level 10.
- Attachments - Unlocked at weapon level 14.
- Focus - Unlocked at weapon level 18.
- Speed - Unlocked at weapon level 24.
- Stability - Unlocked at weapon level 28.
Call of Duty OnlineEdit
The MSR returns in Call of Duty Online as the Remington MSR.
Call of Duty: GhostsEdit
Call of Duty: Advanced WarfareEdit
|The subject matter of this article was cut from the final version of a Call of Duty game.|
The MSR was cut from Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare; it is seen in the game files.
- The MSR has the Remington logo on the left side of the weapon, similar to the ACR 6.8 and the RSASS.
- It also has the same Remington logo on the toe of the buttstock.
- In addition, it has a Leupold logo visible on the scope's elevation turret.
- In the Dew XP promotion, Price's Combat Card claims his main weapons are the MSR and CM901 despite never using them in-game.
- The MSR has a diagonally mounted rail just above the character's left thumb in a similar fashion to the RSASS used in Eye of the Storm, however it can never be used.
- The serial number of the MSR is XC220319, the same as the PP90M1.