MTAR-X2 (Ghost Stories)
· 32 rounds (SP)
· 38+76 (MP)
· 32+224 (SP) (32+300 for the MTAR-X2)
|Rate of Fire||
· MTAR-X: 810 RPM (953 RPM w/ Rapid Fire)
· MTAR-X: Fully-Automatic
- "Fully automatic. Rifle-class range with large ammo capacity and SMG handling."
- — Description.
- In "Ghost Stories", it appears as the MTAR-X2 during the outer space portion. This variant has a white skin similar to the ARX-160, more reserve ammunition than the regular MTAR-X, a slightly different reloading animation, and it fires in rapid three-round bursts instead of fully-automatic mode.
The MTAR-X is a versatile weapon that fills a lot of roles. Because of its SMG handling and damage similar to that of an assault rifle, it is considered a hybrid of the two, much like the Peacekeeper from Black Ops II. It drops off to only a 4 shot kill at long range, which actually outclasses some assault rifles and light machine guns. This is by far the best in the SMG category, as other weapons in the same class require five, six, and even seven shots to kill at long range in the case of the K7. To balance this high damage, however, the MTAR-X has the second lowest rate of fire of any submachine gun, meaning it will be less forgiving in close quarters combat. This can be mitigated with Rapid Fire attached. Another drawback is that the iron sights are very bulky and obstructive and will throw off accuracy at long range. A simple Red Dot Sight works very well, providing clarity at long range and clearing the field of view in close quarters.
All in all, the MTAR-X can be a deadly force in both close, SMG-style engagements and at long distances. The tighter hip fire spread of a submachine gun, made even better with the use of Steady Aim, is beneficial in up-close battles. At the same time, its high damage allows it to kill very quickly across extreme ranges, where firing in bursts will help to mitigate its higher recoil.
- The MTAR-X is found in Extinction mode, near the cabin area before the last hive. It costs $2000.
- On the side of the MTAR-X, the designation "X95" can be seen.
- In the behind the scenes close-up image of the MTAR-X, it is possible to see "5.45x39" written on the magazine.
- In earlier builds of the game, the weapon was named "MICROTAR".
- EXPEX can be seen written on the iron sights, on the bottom.
- The MTAR-X's serial number is 511099.
- The variant used in space has "Orbital Space Aeronautics" writeen on the side.