Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Markhov fighting in Pankow
|Appears in||Call of Duty: World at War|
|Affiliations||Soviet 3rd Shock Army|
|Status||Alive (as of 1945)|
|Voice Actor||Dimitri Diatchenko|
- "Show courage. Show strength. Show pride. But show no mercy!"
- — Markhov during the siege of the Reichstag
Like other commissars throughout the Call of Duty series, he is rarely involved in actual fighting, save for one notable exception in the level "Ring of Steel", in which he personally leads his forces into battle. He also appears in the level "Downfall", urging the Soviet troops to keep pushing deeper into the Reichstag.
Much like Reznov, he hates the Germans with a passion, and during the mission Ring of Steel, he orders his subordinates to kill every last German in the way.
He is last seen commanding the 3rd Shock Army in battle.
- "On the Führer's birthday... a barrage of Katyushka rockets will tear Berlin to pieces. With your bullets... with your bayonets... with your bare hands... do the same to their wretched soldiers!"
- "We should spread the word! (speaks over megaphone) Citizens of Berlin! A ring of steel surrounds your rotten city! We will crush all those who dare to resist the will of the Red Army! Abandon your posts! Abandon your homes! Abandon all hope! URAAA!!!"
- "These animals raped and marauded their way through the Motherland without mercy! They deserve none in return!"
- "To the brave comrades of the 3rd Shock Army! Today we lay waste to the German line! Push forward to the train station!"
- In "Ring of Steel", he said that they will send Katyushka rockets to destroy Berlin on the Führer's birthday, even though his birthday is three days earlier than the mission started.
- In the Wii version of the game, on the level "Heart of the Reich" at the beginning when he's giving the speech, his name tag just says Commissar instead of Commissar Markhov.