Original Characters (young)
The Mauser C96 performs nearly identically to the M1911. It has very weak damage (taking multiple bullets to kill a single zombie even on the first rounds, though it seems to be slightly stronger than the M1911 as it kills in two magazines rather than three at round 3), medium firecap, a magazine of eight rounds and slight recoil.
- When Pack-a-Punched, it will fire the same beams as the Pack-a-Punched Ray Gun Mark II.
- This is the third firearm to replace the M1911 as a starting weapon for the Zombies mode in the series, the first being the M60 in Dead Ops Arcade and the second being the Makarov PM in Call of Duty: Black Ops (Nintendo DS).
- "Boomhilda" is a reference to the Germanic mythological story of Brynhildr. However, it may also be a reference to the Mauser C96's nickname "broomhandle".
- The Boomhilda's scope is a similar model to the Python's from Call of Duty: Black Ops.
- It is possible to carry a Boomhilda, and a Mauser that has been dug up. However when the second Mauser is Pack-a-Punched, the Boomhilda carried by the player will only receive more ammo, and the player loses their secondary weapon.
- When Pack-a-Punched it shares a similar resemblance with Han Solo's blaster