· Head: x1.0 (x1.2 w/ Silencer)
(see here the increased multipliers with Chrome Lined)
8 rounds (12 w/ Extended Mags)
|Rate of Fire||
- "Semi-automatic. Uses custom LAB DIGITAL A2 Tracker Scope. Deadly from the waist up with moderate mobility and recoil."
- — Description.
The Maverick-A2, or RM-22 as it's referred to within the game files, is a sniper rifle that appears in Call of Duty: Ghosts. The weapon can be accessed by purchasing the Onslaught DLC or paired with the Maverick for $3.99. It has an integrated Tracker Scope. The Tracker Scope functions in the same way as the Tracker Sight but as a sniper scope.
The Maverick-A2, when purchased with Onslaught, is a free Sniper Rifle. Its Tracker Scope strongly negates the use of a Thermal Scope. However, using it is very popular among some players.
Statistically, it shares the same firecap as the VKS, allowing it to fire rapidly. As well, its multipliers make it the weakest sniper rifle in terms of damage, requiring a bullet to the chest or higher. Its reload time is the absolute fastest in its class, as well. The recoil is mostly vertical, and is moderate among the sniper rifles.
Each magazine contains a standard 8 rounds, making for a moderately large supply of bullets. Extended Mags increases this to 12 bullets per mag, making for a very large supply upon spawning.
With a Silencer, this Sniper loses the one-shot ability to the Torso, and the Headshot multiplier is reduced. This makes the Silencer a poor choice for players dependent on hitting that area, and as well, damage against protected users will be lowered, as not even one headshot will kill a player using a Ballistic Vest.
Due to its strengths, they can be used to the player's advantage. Sleight of Hand and the Thermal Scope are minimal benefit on this weapon. Due to the low damage, Chrome Lined can give just the ticket in order for the user to rack up one-shot kills. Variable Zoom works in hand with the Tracker Scope, allowing for an extremely powerful optic.
In conclusion, the Maverick-A2 is a powerful sniper with a powerful niche. Its statistics provide a middle sniper between the VKS and the Lynx, and in doing so, has created a formidable sniper capable of working in the hands of many players.
- In the top-right corner of the Maverick-A2's scope, there is a battery level indicator which always displays the battery level at 86%.
- Attaching a Silencer or the Chrome Lined attachment to the weapon does not change the barrel shroud on the front of the gun, though the effects of the attachments still exist.
- Interestingly, using this weapon counts towards the Tracker Sight Operation.
- Mounting the Variable Lens attachment allows the weapon to keep its Tracker Sight, meaning that the player has a Variable Zoom Tracker Sight.
- There are 4 arrows on the barrel shroud, 2 for each side.