|Appears in||Call of Duty: World at War|
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- "MAX AMMO!"
- — Demonic Announcer
- "More time to play with my pretty ones!"
- — Edward Richtofen
Max Ammo is a power-up in the Zombies game mode. It is represented in-game by an ammo can, which emits an eerie green glow (as all power-ups, excluding Death Machine and Lightning Bolt do). The power-up, as the name suggests, gives all players the maximum ammunition possible to obtain for whatever weapon the players are carrying, although the player's current magazine will not be replenished. However, the Elemental Staffs on Origins will have their clips replenished when a Max Ammo is given.
In Shi No Numa and Der Riese, Bouncing Betties will be replenished if the player has one left. In Call of Duty: Black Ops, if the player has bought Claymores (or Bouncing Betties in the revamped World at War maps), regardless of how many the player still has, they will be replenished after a Max Ammo. In curtain maps, Monkey Bombs, fragmentation grenades, Gersch Devices, QEDs and Semtexes will also be replenished no matter how many the player has. However, it will not add ammo to the players' current clip, so it is suggested that the players reload before getting the Max Ammo power-up.
Finding Max Ammo Edit
When a zombie carrying the power-up is killed, an ammo box will float in the air for 30 seconds before disappearing. When it is about to disappear it will start flashing. To claim the ammo, the player must touch the power-up. As this happens, the Demonic Announcer will scream "Max Ammo!" (except on the World at War version of Nacht der Untoten) and the words "Max Ammo" will appear in white on the screen.
An alternative way to get Max Ammo is to complete a Hellhound, Pentagon Thief, Space Monkey, or Jumping Jack round, as the last enemy during the round will always drop a Max Ammo (if Pentagon Thief is not killed, a Max Ammo is dropped in the electricity room). In Mob of the Dead, Brutus may randomly drop a Max Ammo upon death. In Origins, killing the templar zombies as they attempt to deactivate a generator will award the player with a Max Ammo (Max ammo will not be dropped if they are killed enroute to a generator.)
On Moon, if the player hacks any power-up besides a Max Ammo with Hacker, then the power-up will turn into a Max Ammo. If the player hacks the Max Ammo itself, then it will turn into a Fire Sale. Either action will cost the player 5000 points.
- It will not affect players who are down, although their Second Chance weapon will be replenished in Call of Duty: World At War.
- It appears on every map (excluding Dead Ops Arcade), along with Double Points, Insta-Kill and Nuke.
- There is another variant that spawns randomly when the QED is thrown. It is a Max Ammo icon that is red, and takes ammo away from all players when a player or zombie touches it.
- This also appears in Turned, although it only takes away ammo in your current magazine.
- Max Ammo will replenish the Lightning Bolt power up's ammunition in Call of the Dead.
- If a player hacks a Death Machine on Moon, the Max Ammo will have a blue glow rather than a green glow.
- If one looks closely on the side of the box, they can see the lable '250 .50 BMG rounds'. This is interesting considering the M2 Browning is not in Zombies at all.