The Maxis Drone is seen in the Call of Duty: Black Ops II Zombies map Origins. It is a buildable automated quadrotor. Once deployed, it will fly around the player shooting nearby zombies, acquiring Power-Ups and reviving downed players. The Maxis Drone weapon is the MG08/15. It will last about 90 seconds before it needs to recharge and returns to the workbench it was built at, unable to be picked up by the player until it recharges. It is also needed to collect 4 small yellow disks located around the map, which when the player is next to the disk locations the drone will fly to the disk and collect it. Once all four have been located, there is an upgraded MG08/15 (Magma Collider) in front of the Pack-a-Punch Machine able to be picked up by anyone.
It can be upgraded during the events of the Little Lost Girl easter egg. After shooting down the red glowing biplane, a phantom zombie will start to circle the excavation site. It will only become visible when the player obtains Zombie Blood. After killing it, the Maxis Drone will respawn and can be picked up. It will be sent back to the recharging station where its built-in gun is now Pack-a-Punched.
Location of partsEdit
- On a table on the lower floor of the starting room
- In the Ice Tunnel, near generator 6 in front of the crazy place gateway
- Near the crossbone sign on the tank's pathway at the Church
- Near the crossbone sign on the returning path for the tank.
- In the Ice tunnel, near the bottom
- Near the very bottom of the Excavation Site, on top of a box on a scaffolding next to a lever
- On top of the Excavation Site near the Pack a Punch
- In the Excavation Site around the Secret Entrance
Yellow Disc LocationsEdit
- On the destroyed roof beside Generator 5
- Just outside the spawn room there will be a hole in the trenches at the end you'll see the yellow disc
- On the roof of the broken church before you walk to the back of the tank
- On top of the scaffold at the Excavation site
Once all the yellow disks have been collected, a free Magna Collider (upgraded MG08/15) will be waiting at the Pack-a-Punch. Anyone can grab the Magna Collider.
- The Maxis Drone is Dr. Maxis' new body, meaning that his original body has died due to the sickness and Richtofen preserved what remained of his mind.
- Richtofen extracted Maxis' brain during the opening cutscene.
- This Drone resembles the Quad Drones.
- This is the second friendly AI in zombies, the first being The Giant.
- Furthermore, it actually kills the zombies instead of just making them respawn.
- When the Maxis Drone is reviving the player who threw it, it will show the player as reviving themselves similar to using Quick Revive on Solo.
- The Maxis Drone is required for the Saving the Day... All Day trophy/achievement.
- Its actually the Maxis Drone that drops the Magna Collider at the Pack-a-Punch machine once it has collected all 4 yellow discs.Weapons of Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Handguns Shotguns Submachine Guns Assault Rifles Sniper Rifles Light Machine Guns Launchers Specials Unobtainable Items Lethals Tacticals Access Kit Items Wonder Weapons Zombies Melee Weapons Zombies Equipment AttachmentsSights: ACOG Sight · EOTech Sight · Reflex Sight · Hybrid Optic · Target Finder · Iron Sight · Dual Band Scope · Millimeter Scanner · Variable Zoom
Under Barrel: Dual Wield · Grip · Tactical Knife · Grenade Launcher (M320, GP-25, M203 (SP/ZM))
Mod: Extended Clip · Select Fire · Fast Mag · FMJ · Rapid Fire · Quickdraw Handle · Adjustable Stock · Tri Bolt
Others: Suppressor · Ballistics CPU · Laser Sight · Long Barrel
Miscellaneous CutWeapons of Zombies Assault rifles Submachine guns Light machine guns Sniper rifles Shotguns Launchers Handguns Specials Wonder WeaponsRay Gun · Wunderwaffe DG-2 · Thundergun · Winter's Howl · V-R11 · Scavenger · 31-79 JGb215 · Wave Gun · Sliquifier · Blundergat · Ray Gun Mark II · Paralyzer · Staff of Ice · Staff of Fire · Staff of Wind · Staff of Lightning
Equipment: Thrustodyne Aeronautics Model 23 · Time Bomb
Tactical: Monkey Bomb · Gersch Device · Matryoshka Dolls · Quantum Entanglement Device · Hell's Retriever · G-Strike
Melee: Golden Spork · One Inch Punch · Elemental Knife
Utilities Grenades Equipment Power-up weapons Melee Weapons AttachmentsSights: ACOG Scope (Swarovski Scope) · EOTech Sight · Hybrid Optic · Infrared Scope · Iron Sight · Low Power Scope · Millimeter Scanner · Red Dot Sight · Reflex Sight · Sniper Scope · Target Finder · Variable Zoom
Barrel: Long Barrel · Sawed-Off · Suppressor
Underbarrel: Bipod · Dual Wield · Grenade Launcher (M203, M320) · Grip · Masterkey · Rifle Grenade
Mod: Adjustable Stock · Dual Mags · Extended Mag · Fast Mag · Full-Auto · Select Fire · Speed Reloader