- "Mortar coordinates received, firing for effect."
- — Said when a team uses the Mortar Team killstreak
Call of Duty: Black OpsEdit
The Mortar Team strikes three areas on the map, each selected before the strike is called in. Two mortar rounds are fired at each target and the explosion is about seven meters in diameter. It takes a few seconds for the mortars to start firing after the locations are chosen, so anticipation of where enemies will be instead of just where they are at the moment will ensure more kills. In objective based games, it is also useful to place the mortar strikes on the objectives, as this is where the enemy will be headed most of the time.
Call of Duty: Black Ops: DeclassifiedEdit
Mortar Team, now being called "Mortar Strike", appears in mission "Air Traffic Control". Achievment related to Mortar Strike is to kill 3 enemies with Mortar Strike. Also, it appears in multiplyer, as a five killstreak reward.
- Mortar Team is the spiritual successor to the Artillery killstreak from Call of Duty: World at War.
- The earlier killstreak menu image appears similar to an Artillery shell from Call of Duty: World at War.
- Each individual mortar has exactly the same damage and radius as that of a grenade launcher