Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Call of Duty: Black OpsEdit
The Mortar Team strikes three areas on the map, each selected before the strike is called in. Two mortar rounds are fired at each target and the explosions are about seven meters in diameter. It takes a few seconds for the mortars to start firing after the locations are chosen, so anticipation of where enemies will be instead of considering just where they are at the moment will ensure more kills. In objective based games, it is also useful to place the mortar strikes on the objectives, as this is where the enemy will be headed most of the time.
Call of Duty: Black Ops: DeclassifiedEdit
- "Call in a precision mortar volley."
- — In-game description.
The Mortar Team, now being called "Mortar Strike", appears as a five killstreak reward. However, it has been altered to target only at one spot, with three rapidly fired mortars. It also appears in the mission "Air Traffic Control".
- "Mortar coordinates received, firing for effect."
- — Said when a team uses the Mortar Team killstreak
- "Friendly Mortars inbound."
- — Said when a team uses the Mortar Team killstreak (unvailable in Black Ops: Declassified)
- "Enemy mortar team spotted! Take cover!"
- — Said when enemy team uses the Mortar Team Killstreak
- The earlier killstreak menu image appears similar to an Artillery shell from Call of Duty: World at War.
- Each individual mortar has exactly the same damage and radius as that of a grenade launcher.
- When called in, three Mortar icons appear on the map, but are not seen.