|Nacht der Untoten|
|Previous level||Tutorial (Zombies) (iOS) |
Mob of the Dead (chronologically)
|Game||Call of Duty: World at War|
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Duty: ZOMBIES
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (as an easter egg in Green Run)
|Character||Marines (Zombies) (World at War)|
Tank Dempsey, Nikolai Belinski, Takeo Masaki, Edward Richtofen (Black Ops)
|Team||Marines (World at War) |
Original Characters (Black Ops)
|Weapons||M1911 (8 + 32 rounds), 2 Stielhandgranate, any weapon bought.|
|Objective||Survive for as long as possible against limitless waves of the Undead|
|Console codename||nazi_zombie_prototype (World at War)|
zombie_cod5_prototype (Black Ops)
|Campaign level||Hard Landing|
- "You drove them deep into the heart of the Reich. You thought they were dead. You were wrong."
- — Level description
Nacht der Untoten (German for Night of the Undead) is the first Nazi Zombies map featured in Call of Duty: World at War and the Zombies mode. It was then released on the Hardened Edition and the Prestige Edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops as well as on the Rezurrection map pack on August 23, 2011. A structure resembling that of the building in Nacht der Untoten can be found in Green Run. Chronologically, its the second Zombies level, after Mob of the Dead.
Nacht der Untoten is located in a bunker where up to four players must defend against an unlimited number of waves of Zombies for as long as possible.
Nacht der Untoten contains only three rooms: the Starting Room, the Help Room and the Upstairs Room. The cost of gaining access to these rooms are 1000 points for each pathway.
The Starting Room has five windows where the zombies can breach through and also that can be boarded up. It is the largest and the most open room on the Map. The first is the door to the right of the largest window and has the word "Help" written on it. It leads in to the "Help Room". The other path is through the pile of debris located towards the stairs at the center of the room, this path leads upstairs.
Added in Call of Duty: Black Ops, a new perk entitled Mule Kick is available in this room for 4000 points.
The Help Room has two windows and a wall that leads into a dead-end cave that can be boarded up. It is slightly smaller than the Starting Room, and has a radio (which plays music when knifed or shot). Available on the wall includes the Mystery Box, the Double-Barreled Shotgun, and the Thompson. The only path leading away from this room (aside from the "Help" door) is the debris blocking the path to the upstairs room.
The Upstairs Room has four windows and a slight elevation advantage. It is the same size as the Help room, but includes more rubble and debris surrounding the located area, so it is harder to maneuver around this room. This room includes the Sawed-off Double-Barreled Shotgun w/ Grip, BAR, M1897 Trench Gun, the Sniper Cabinet and Stielhandgranates.
Mystery Box (950 points)
Once players have opened up the upstairs, near the Trench Gun buy zone, there is a large cabinet which will give out a Scoped Kar98k for 1500 points. Opening the cabinet will buy the rifle at the same time, so it is important to not open it while holding a good weapon. Due to the reasonably high price and low effectiveness of the Scoped Kar98k, it is very rare to see a player open this in a game. In the iOS version, the cabinet costs 2000 points and gives the player an M2 Flamethrower. On this version it is a good idea to open the cabinet because the M2 Flamethrower is significantly more effective against zombies than on a console or PC.
Call of Duty: Black OpsEdit
Nacht der Untoten is available in Call of Duty: Black Ops if the player has purchased Rezurrection or the Prestige or Hardened Edition of the game. The map is largely unchanged, although Black Ops weapons are now available in the Mystery Box and the characters are Tank Dempsey, Nikolai Belinski, Takeo Masaki and Edward Richtofen.
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIEdit
The Nacht der Untoten building makes a cameo apppearance in the Call of Duty: Black Ops II Zombies map Green Run. It is located in a corn field. Denizens do not spawn inside the bunker. There are two entrances, one is the window to the left of where the Kar98k used to be bought and the other is to the right of the Kar98k. The Help Room is blocked by debris and the stairs have collapsed, making it only possible to stay in the starting room. It should be noted that the structure from Nacht der Untoten is reused, but this is not the location of the actually cannonical map, as their are many different features to the building/surroundings, as if the building is actually a warehouse and not a German bunker. A part for the Thrustodyne Aeronautics Model 23 can be found here.
Call of Duty: World at WarEdit
Call of Duty: ZOMBIESEdit
Call of Duty: Black OpsEdit
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIEdit
Call of Duty: World at WarEditCall of Duty World at War - Nacht der Untoten(01:48)
2,255 views Call of Duty World At War Nacht Der Untoten - Loading Screen(00:28)
Call of Duty: Black OpsEditNacht der Untoten Musical Easter Egg(14:32)
1,174 views Call of Duty Black Ops Zombies Nacht der Untoten Loading Screen(00:31)
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIEditBlack Ops 2 Zombies Nacht Der Untoten Easter Egg Location Tutorial Green Run Tranzit(01:51)
- The bunker is the same bunker as in "Airfield".
- This is the only map where the zombies do not attack the player at a barricade. This only applies to the World at War version.
- The song heard during the Game Over sequence is Lullaby for a Dead Man.
- In World at War, the Thompson price incorrectly states that it costs 1500 points for the weapon, while it is actually 1200.
- On Treyarch's official site, the Mysterious Radio Transmissions Intelligence says "Ever since the second outbreak at Nacht der Untoten."
- In the iOS version, the PPSh-41, the unscoped PTRS-41, and the Type 100 are available through the Mystery Box.
- In the iOS Version, the players can hear their characters speak by getting three ("I'm gonna bust some heads!"), five ("Back in the dirt!") or seven ("Kick ass!") headshots in a row.
- This is the only Zombies map that shows a countdown for Insta-Kill and Double Points, although this is only in World at War and iOS app.
- There is a radio inside the Help Room, next to the Mystery Box, that can play music if the player knifes or shoots at it. It can play various tracks, such as the Black Cats soundtrack, the Red Army theme or the Königgrätzer Marsch. This applies to the World At War and Black Ops versions.
- The menu image of Nacht der Untoten, along with the other three World at War Maps, is used in the loading screen for Kino der Toten on Black Ops in the style of a comic strip.
- In the Black Ops version of the map, the same zombie models in Kino der Toten are used.
- The trucks outside cannot be destroyed in the Black Ops version of the map but can be destroyed in the World at War version.
- This is the only Zombies map to appear in all three games of the series that feature the Zombies gamemode.