A Napalm Zombie in the Shangri-La Trailer
|Appears in||Call of Duty: Black Ops|
Napalm Zombies are a variant of zombies that are featured in the zombie map Shangri-La. They take the appearance of a humanoid zombie, but look burnt and have a flaming aura.
When the Napalm Zombie spawns, it emerges from a patch of flames that spawns on the ground. Napalm Zombies have a higher damage threshold and take significantly more bullets to dispose of than normal zombies. Napalm Zombies explode violently upon death, leaving behind a small patch of napalm that will harm players and zombies if touched. This can be used to the player's advantage. A player can run up to the Napalm Zombie and back up quickly while in a narrow choke-hold that a lot of zombies go through. The Napalm Zombie will explode with minimal damage to the player(s) while killing all zombies that go through the fire.
When a player is near a Napalm Zombie, the outer edges of their screen will turn orange, the same way it does when walking through a fire trap in Kino Der Toten or Ascension. The character that player controls will warn him/her if the Napalm Zombie is about to damage the player. If a player is too close to a Napalm Zombie, it will explode and can kill the player even if they have Juggernog if they are close enough.
- It is the conjoint second zombie to directly harm other zombies, with Crawler Zombies being the first. The Shrieker Zombie and the Astronaut Zombie can also cause harm to zombies.
- The Napalm Zombie is not affected by a Nuke or Insta-Kill.
- Neither the Napalm Zombie nor the Shrieker Zombie count towards the regular round system.
- When a Napalm Zombie is caught in the reservoir trap its health will become that of a normal zombie.
- If the round ends and the Napalm Zombie is shot at in the next round, it will start running.
- When a Napalm Zombie is in water, its flaming aura will disappear and it will not leave flames behind upon detonation.
- The Napalm Zombie has a deeper voice than most zombies.
- The Napalm Zombie can show up as early as round 4.
- When they are shrunk by the 31-79 JGb215, they are only briefly "baby-sized" then they return to full size.
- Though they may be shrunk by the 31-79 JGb215, they will still explode on contact or if approached. The damage dealt, however, is severely decreased.
- Only one Napalm Zombie can appear at a time.
- Shrieker Zombies and Zombie Monkeys are not affected by the Napalm Zombie's fire patch.
- The Napalm Zombie's explosion inflicts the most damage a zombie can do to a player.