A Napalm Zombie in the Shangri-La Trailer
|Appears in||Call of Duty: Black Ops|
When the Napalm Zombie spawns, it emerges from a patch of flames that spawns on the ground. Napalm Zombies have a higher damage threshold and take significantly more bullets to dispose of than normal zombies. Napalm Zombies explode violently upon death, leaving behind a small patch of napalm that will harm players and zombies if touched. This can be used to the player's advantage. A player can run up to the Napalm Zombie and back up quickly while in a narrow choke-hold that a lot of zombies go through. The Napalm Zombie will explode with minimal damage to the player(s) while killing all zombies that go through the fire.
When a player is near a Napalm Zombie, the outer edges of their screen will turn orange, the same way it does when walking through a fire trap in Kino der Toten or Ascension. The character that player controls will warn him/her if the Napalm Zombie is about to damage the player. If a player is too close to a Napalm Zombie, it will explode and can kill the player even if they have Juggernog if they are close enough.
- It is the conjoint second zombie to directly harm other zombies, with Crawler Zombies being the first. The Shrieker Zombie and the Astronaut Zombie can also cause harm to zombies. The Panzer Soldat can too, exploding upon death.
- The Napalm Zombie is not affected by a Nuke or Insta-Kill.
- Neither the Napalm Zombie nor the Shrieker Zombie count towards the regular round system.
- When a Napalm Zombie is caught in the Reservoir Trap, its health will become that of a normal zombie.
- If the round ends and the Napalm Zombie is shot at in the next round, it will start running.
- When a Napalm Zombie is in water, its flaming aura will disappear and it will not leave flames behind upon detonation.
- The Napalm Zombie has a deeper voice than most zombies.
- The Napalm Zombie can show up as early as round 4.
- When they are shrunk by the 31-79 JGb215, they are only briefly "baby-sized" then they return to full size.
- Though they may be shrunk by the 31-79 JGb215, they will still explode on contact or if approached. The damage dealt, however, is severely decreased.
- Only one Napalm Zombie can appear at a time.
- Shrieker Zombies and Zombie Monkeys are not affected by the Napalm Zombie's fire patch.
- The Napalm Zombie's explosion inflicts the most damage a zombie can do to a player.