New York City is an American city briefly mentioned in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare before making a proper appearence in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. It also makes a small appearance via computer screens in the final mission of Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
Call of Duty 4: Modern WarfareEdit
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3Edit
- Main article: Battle of New York
Following the initial invasion of Russian forces in the United States of America, American and Russian forces fight for control of the city. According to Robert Bowling, after the events of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, U.S. forces have retaken much of the eastern United States and have pushed the remaining Russian invading forces onto New York City in which the Russians are making their last stand.
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIEdit
In the final mission Judgement Day, David Mason attempts to stop Raul Menendez's drone attacks. New York appears on the computer screens and he believes Raul is going to strike New York, but instead disables the drones to cripple the military defenses. New York is also seen in the multiplayer map Detour, whice takes place on a future bridge in New York City.
- In the picture above, one can see several buildings that are currently only concepts or under construction today. One of these is the new One World Trade Center (formerly known as the Freedom Tower), a skyscraper currently being constructed at Ground Zero.
- One notable thing in Modern Warfare 3 is the different portrayals of One World Trade Center. In the trailer it is shown in the way it will look when it is completed. In the full game, a different building is shown in its place.
- The 2 World Trade Center can be seen too.
- In Black ops 2, the Freedom tower appears to have been replaced by one of the old twin towers
- However, in the Multiplayer map Detour, the Freedom tower and 2wtc can clearly be seen