Sgt. Newcastle in the full version of the mission "F.N.G."
|Appears in||Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare|
- "It seems my ex-wife was kind enough to donate her car to furthering your education, Soap!"
- — Newcastle, when teaching Soap how to use C4.
Sergeant Newcastle was a demolitions instructor in the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare mission titled "F.N.G." He was only present in a beta version acquired only by Infinity Ward and Activision. He was removed from the full version of the F.N.G. mission, where they shortened it down dramatically.
Call of Duty 4: Modern WarfareEdit
Newcastle was a demolitions instructor, providing Soap with explosive weapons training.
When Soap arrives, he gives the player grenades to throw at windows 2, 3 and 4. Next, he gives Soap an M4A1 with a Grenade Launcher and a Holographic Sight to fire at a wall to explain 'minimum safe-arming distance' and then through windows 5, 6 and 7. He then instructs Soap to destroy his ex-wife's car with C4.
When finished, Soap is then sent by Newcastle to report to Mac at the obstacle course.
- "Oi Soap, it's time to have some fun with demolitions mate!"
- "Fire in the hole!"
- "Notice it didn't explode. As you know, all grenade launchers have a minimum safe-arming distance. Right, now pop a grenade into windows five, six and seven."
- "Much improved. All right Soap, you passed the weapons evaluation. Now report to Mac on the obstacle course. I'm sure he'll be thrilled to see you."
- Newcastle is divorced. The former Mrs. Newcastle's car was stolen, to be destroyed in demolitions training.
- The demolition training was originally where Gaz would send Soap from the rifle range, but it's completely optional now, although Newcastle no longer shows up.