- "The fan favorite returns, reimagined in a vision of the future!"
- — Map description
Nuketown 2025 is a downloadable map released for Call of Duty: Black Ops II. It was available for free on November 13th to anyone who pre-ordered the game, purchased a launch copy, or purchased the Hardened edition or the "Care Package" limited special edition of the game. It was initially available for all platforms except the Wii U.
The map is a remake of Nuketown, a fan favorite map, which first appeared in Call of Duty: Black Ops. While the original Nuketown went for more of a traditional 1950s vibe, the new map is now in a 1960s retro-futuristic Mid-Century modern style meant to represent the "Home of the Future" for 2025.
As of November 19th, 2012, the Nuketown 2025 / 24/7 playlist was removed and replaced with a playlist titled Chaos Moshpit. It includes all close quarters maps with a variety of game modes. The Nuketown 24/7 playlist makes a return to the game whenever a Double XP weekend occurs. However, as of Update 1.09 released on April 12th, 2013, Nuketown 2025 has been in regular rotation and Chaos Moshpit has been removed.
As of recent, the map can be downloaded from PlayStation Network, Xbox Live, and Steam at no additional cost. On August 7, 2014, Activision eventually released the Nuketown 2025 map via a free update for the Wii U version of Black Ops II, nearly two years after the game was released alongside the console during its launch period.
- Shooting the heads off of all the mannequins within two minutes of the beginning of the match will cause the screen board to display the Activision logo in retro style. The player will then be able to approach it and play the classic Atari games Pitfall!, H.E.R.O., Kaboom!, and River Raid.
- When a player views another player using the Atari easter egg, the user will be hunched over and holding their hands in a way similar to when holding C4, but without anything in their hands. The easter egg will also not appear to anyone other than the user.
- If the player looks directly at the sun, the glare it gives off looks like a representative model of an atom.
- There is a small double rainbow in the second floor of the orange house.
- The robot in the garden pod resembles the iconic Robby the Robot.
- The RC-XD passage outside the map is still present from the original Nuketown although now like the rest of the map it has been updated, looking more like a racetrack.
- The letterboxes outside the two houses read Woods and Mason, like in the original Nuketown.
- There is a picture upstairs in Woods' house that shows the original Nuketown from Call of Duty: Black Ops in it.
- As with the original Nuketown, the books upstairs in the orange house say Edward Richtofen.
- There are postcards upstairs in both houses showing pictures of the map. Some of these are the postcards Treyarch showed before the map was revealed.
- The flags lining the entrance include the logos of Treyarch and Raven Software, along with multiplayer factions from both Call of Duty: Black Ops and Call of Duty: Black Ops II. The factions are SEALs, Mercs, ISA, SDC, FBI, Militia, Spetsnaz, Black Ops, Op 40, Tropas, SOG, and NVA.
- There is a model of the "Welcome to Nuketown" sign from the original Nuketown on the shelves upstairs in Mason's house.
- The clocks in the houses tell the exact time of the time zone the player is in.
- Oddly, if the player ends the round during the start up while the screen is gray, the ending with the nuke exploding will also be grayed too.
- There is a game of deck shuffleboard laid out by SEALs' spawn. The biscuits have unique physics, sliding along the board.
- Under the Nuketown 2025 sign outside the map, there is a meter that will act as a countdown of the amount of radiation in the area. When the game starts, the count will begin at 0. When the maps timer runs out, it will be at 250. During the map outro, it will be in the red zone of the meter.
- On the second floor of the house across from the orange house, there is a monitor which displays images from various locations around the map. Some of the images will contain dummies identical to the ones found in the original Nuketown, despite the map in the image and the map itself having 2025 dummies.
- On the monitor is a different Nuketown 2025 sign than the one seen. With the 'Nuketown' writing being at the bottom and an atom symbol at the top.
- There are glass signs all around the map explaining each area and/or what's its function.
- "The Future of Entertainment Displayed on two state of the art television monitors, this shuffleboard court can be customized for a number of popular yard games. It's sure to be the highlight of any backyard barbecue."
- — Sign located near the shuffleboard court.
- "Need a Hand Cleaning Up? Just call on your own service-bot. Built from plassteel, the service-bot is resistant to rust and can function in all weather conditions. He'll clean up after the party and never complain! And when the work is done, just send the service-bot back to it's very own solar powered charging station."
- — Sign located next to the garden pod in Woods' yard.
- "Easy Nuke Oven Dads, be the first one on your block to own this red hot beauty. No more messy charcoal and lighter fluid - grill your burgers and dogs with the magic of microwave radiation."
- — Sign located on the back of the outdoor barbecue.
- "Mom's Work Will be Play In this kitchen, meals are created at the touch of a button. The food is cooked to perfection by nuclear radiation - and no need to worry, the radiation ingested is well below the lethal daily limit.With the meal ready, Mom can call the family together using the video wall. Once the meal is over, pesky dishes will can be cleaned quickly with the help of a device used the world over by top chefs - a dishwasher! The only big question is what will Mom do with all her free time?"
- — Sign seen in kitchen of Woods' house.
- "Tomorrow's Living Room Be relaxed and find true comfort in this futuristic living room. There's no improving the hearth, but a large wall mounted com unit is just the ticket to getting that paper and slippers when the need arises."
- — Sign in the living room next the kitchen.
- "Dad Will be in Heaven... ...When he sees this dream of a garage: organized, spacious, and well lit. The secret? A subterranean storage area that can hold up to four cars via a hydraulic lift."
- — Sign seen in the garage of Woods' house.
- "The Science of Sleep No one will be able to resist the soft textures of this bedroom. The advanced polyfoam mattress and fantastically soft ulti-shag carpet will have you guessing which you'd rather sleep on."
- — Sign seen in the bedroom of Woods' house.
- "Living in Art Why settle for just having works of art in your house when entire house could be a work of art? This hyper-modern house design is for those who are truly creative and carefree at heart."
- — Sign seen on the edge of the map, near the first Hardpoint spawn, Woods' house side.
- "The Shape of Things to Come Be the envy of the entire neighborhood with this futuristic design for your new home. Luxurious, beautiful, and affordable, it's truly the American Dream House every family deserves."
- — Sign opposite the previous one.
- "Hydro Car! Stylish yet smart, this vehicle runs exclusively on water. That's right, good ol' H2O. So forget those trips to the gas station and fuel up straight from your garden hose."
- — Sign located on the car in the first Hardpoint spawn.
- "Supremely Subterranean Who would guess this house has 3 floors... and that two of them ARE UNDERGROUND? Enjoy the safety and silence of living below the earth with this innovative design."
- — Sign on the house next to Flag B in Domination.
- "The Smart Driveway Your neighbors will think your beautiful driveway is made of stones but it's actually constructed of space-age polymers. Throw away your snow shovel because when electric current is applied, the heat it generates melts snow away in the blink of an eye."
- — Sign seen next to the car outside Mason's house.
- "No Hassle Car Wash Make hand washing your vehicle a thing of the past. With the No Hassle car wash you'll have a professional power wash, wax, and dry all at your finger tips."
- — Sign seen inside Mason's garage.
- "Water Purification Self-sustaining purification reduces the particulate matter eliminating the parasites, bacteria, algae, viruses, and fungi. Feed plants, wash clothes, even drink it!"
- — Sign seen in the back of Mason's house.
- "The New World of HYDROPONICS Grow vegetables all year round with the aid of HYDROPONICS: an amazing new science that uses nutrient enriched water instead of soil. With Hydroponics, you'll enjoy a weed free garden with the biggest and tastiest tomatoes, carrots, and green beans you've ever seen."
- — Sign seen in the garden in the back of Mason's house.
- "Welcome to Atomic Safety It's not just a fallout shelter - It's your your home away from home. Built with reinforced concrete and lined with lead, it has all the safety you need with all the comforts you'd want for a lifetime."
- — Sign seen next to the fallout shelter.
- ↑ http://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/black_ops_2/blog/2012/06/30/nuketown-2025-faq
- ↑ http://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/black_ops_2/blog/2012/06/30/nuketown-the-explosive-history
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DavidVonderhaar/status/270778379920343040
- ↑ http://www.gonintendo.com/s/234771-call-of-duty-black-ops-2-nuketown-2025-map-released