|Oil, Fire, and Ice|
|Next level||Running For Cover|
|Game||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: Defiance|
|Team||US National Guard|
|Weapons||Suppressed M14, M10|
|Objective||Reclaim the oil station|
- "The odds were stacked against us, but you did damn good soldier."
- — Brewer to Wilson
- "The National Guard reach and reclaim the oil refinery."
- — In-game Description
Oil, Fire, and Ice is the fourth campaign level in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: Defiance, it takes place place in Alaska near an oil resource station that Russian forces intend to take. The US National Guard moves in to make sure they don't obtain it.
As the mission opens up, Wilson, Brewer, and Vargas move forward around a bend. They take cover as a patrol passes, and then Wilson is told to eliminate a guard on the roof of a outpost. After this, Brewer and Vargas set up Ambush positions while Wilson runs to set a charge on an enemy vehicle (to cause a distraction). After a firefight the team makes it's way into the outpost and receives orders from command.
As per their orders, they need to shut down the pipeline to prevent further damage. In order to do this, Wilson must hack into a computer and activate the shut off switch. After this the group combs the outpost for Intel before beginning to head for the main facility. There is a chance to grab a G36C at the ammo crate outside the backdoor of the outpost before the group confronts Russian resistance as they fight closer to the main facility.
As the group goes over an overpass, Brewer spots a convoy, and Wilson must use his binoculars to mark targets for air support to destroy. The three then begin to move into the vicinity of the main complex, downing more Russian guards as they advance. The group stops to grab more Intel before fighting directly into the main facility, crossing a catwalk before fighting from warehouse to warehouse.
After fighting up a ramp, the group must breach a door into the central control room, where the Russians attempt to make a last stand. Vargas assesses any damage, and confirms to Brewer that the damage to the pipeline that was minimal, and that the rest of the facility is basically undamaged.
|Found in level|
- Somewhere in the level on an ammo crate are two M9 Pistols, when the player attempts to pick them up they will notice that they will pick up only one. Another strange thing is that if the player fires the M9 they have and then walks up towards the other M9 currently on the crate, they will notice the M9 they currently have does not receive any ammo from the M9 on the crate.
- If the player picks up the other M9 and allocates it to their other weapon slot, they will notice they have two M9's on hand, this is not to be confused with the Akimbo style of holding two of the same weapon.
- Another thing the player will notice is when they switch between each M9 their first person model will switch between the Arctic US National Guard (the current model they should have) to the US National Guard army uniform.
When grabbing the second item of Intel there is an issue with the path finding of the A.I. The rest of Wilson's team will get stuck outside the guard post and not continue for the rest of the map (Note: They may still speak as if they are with Wilson until her reaches the top of the ramp.) Eventually the player will reach a door that has to be breached, but the door only opens to the A.I., not the player. This makes the rest of the level impossible to complete unless the Player commits suicide to restart at a previous checkpoint.
- If the player clears all the way to the door, and then kills commits suicide, when the level loads Wilson will be at the ramp part, thus creating an entire area and checkpoint that the Ally NPCs never actually passed through.