Operation 40 logo in multiplayer
|Leader(s)||Central Intelligence Agency|
|Appears in||Call of Duty: Black Ops|
|Country||United States of America|
Operation 40 is a CIA group in Call of Duty: Black Ops, comparable to the Studies and Observation Group. They appear in two missions one called "Operation 40," another is "Executive Order" and are a faction in multiplayer.
The faction's role in the campaign is mostly focused on the insurrection in Cuba and the planned assassination of Fidel Castro. Later they were assigned to destroy a rocket in Baikonur. However, intel reports show that Op 40 included an active recruitment drive to find suitable members for later black operations.
- Alex Mason
- Frank Woods
- Joseph Bowman
- Grigori Weaver
- Michael Shaw (DS)
- Terrance Brooks
- Main article: Op 40/Quotes
- The full Op 40 theme can be heard during "Numbers".
- The Scavenger and Lightweight character models have Christian crosses on their necks.
- Some Op 40 members have Cuban Armed Forces emblems in their hat.
- The symbol for Op 40 is similar to the Task Force 141's and SAS's symbol. They both have the dagger with wings.
- Character models of Carlos' men in "Operation 40" look similar to the character models for Hardline, Lightweight, and Scavenger in multiplayer (albeit with different skin tones).
- Op 40 along with Studies and Observation Group, appear for the first time in self titled missions "Operation 40" and "S.O.G." There is a difference, however, as the mission "Operation 40" has it's full name while the faction is abbreviated Op 40 and S.O.G.'s mission is abbreviated and the faction is not.
- The Op 40 in "Operation 40" and the ones in multiplayer appear to be different, due to the fact that the ones in single player appear to be a group of Cuban rebels allied to the US, wheres in multiplayer they appear to be Americans.