Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Operation 40 logo in multiplayer
|Leader(s)||Central Intelligence Agency|
|Appears in||Call of Duty: Black Ops|
|Country||United States of America|
Operation 40 is a CIA group in Call of Duty: Black Ops, comparable to the Studies and Observation Group. They appear in two missions one called "Operation 40," another is "Executive Order" and are a faction in multiplayer.
The faction's role in the campaign is mostly focused on the insurrection in Cuba and the planned assassination of Fidel Castro. Later they were assigned to destroy a rocket in Baikonur. However, intel reports show that Op 40 included an active recruitment drive to find suitable members for later black operations.
- Alex Mason
- Frank Woods
- Joseph Bowman
- Grigori Weaver
- Michael Shaw (DS)
- Terrance Brooks
- Main article: Op 40/Quotes
- The Scavenger and Lightweight character models have Christian crosses on their necks.
- Some Op 40 members have Cuban Armed Forces emblems in their hat.
- Character models of Carlos' men in "Operation 40" look similar to the character models for Hardline, Lightweight, and Scavenger in multiplayer (albeit with different skin tones).
- Op 40 along with Studies and Observation Group, appear for the first time in self titled missions "Operation 40" and "S.O.G." There is a difference, however, as the mission "Operation 40" has it's full name while the faction is abbreviated Op 40 and S.O.G.'s mission is abbreviated and the faction is not.
- The Op 40 in "Operation 40" and the ones in multiplayer appear to be different, due to the fact that the ones in single player appear to be a group of Cuban rebels allied to the US, wheres in multiplayer they appear to be Americans.