|Next level||Oil, Fire, and Ice|
|Game||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: Defiance|
|Character||Watcher, Sgt. "Wilson"|
|Team||US Air Force, British S.F.S.G|
|Enemy weapons||AK-74, SPAS-12|
|Objective||Provide safe ally guidance, avoid conflict if neccesary, make it to the suspected weapons cache|
- "US forces, guided by JSTARS circling overhead, make their way towards a suspected weapon cache."
- — In-game Description
Overwatch is the third campaign level in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: Defiance, it takes place overhead Alaska where a US JSTARS plane guides British S.F.S.G troops into a suspected weaons cache. This mission is very similar to "WMD" from Call of Duty: Black Ops.
This mission alternates between the player controlling Watcher and Wilson. In the opening part, Watcher is responsible for directing the British troops (Icepick) towards a gas station. Icepick start in a clearing and are moved up by Watcher issuing orders. After Watcher has moved them across the street, they prepare to breach the front door of the gas station and secure it for themselves. After the gas station is secured, two Russian trucks filled with troops park outside the said station and begin to assault the three men inside. After the Russians have been handled Icepick exits out the backdoor of the station.
After this is done, the player regains control of Watcher and must carefully guide Icepick through a small maze that is filled with enemy patrols. After this is completed, the trio reaches an overlook where they take up multiple sniping positions in order to being a firefight with multiple Russians. After all of the hostiles are eliminated, control is once again returned to Watcher.
Watcher must not only eliminate enemy armor with the help of other air support, but must find secure paths for Icepick as they navigate the Russian base. Eventually Icepick will reach the warehouse, where they breach and begin fighting Russian troops. Several catwalks must be cleared before Icepick makes it to the ground floor, where they regroup and contact Watcher, giving him the Intel on all of the different equipment that has been discovered.
|Found in level|
- Capt. Brewer, Sgt. Vargas and Sgt. Wilson are supposedly the ground operatives in this mission, but their appearance as well as military faction has changed.
- This is the first level in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: Defiance that features destructable objects. With the gas stop's windows and gas tanks outside.
- This is the first level in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: Defiance that allows the player to play as a US Air Force operative.
- Oddly enough, if the player leaves the tanks alone in the mission, and keeps the operatives they control stationary, the tank will not alert the perimeter and will drive through the operatives.
- This is the only mission where a weapon dropped by an enemy is visible while overhead in a US air force operative.
- If the player actually watches where the patrols go, they will notice they go into the places the player has just cleared of enemy forces.
- This is somewhat odd, as the patrols are not alerted that their allies have all been cleared out.