Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3Edit
|Damage Drop Start||
|Damage Drop End||
Head: 1.4, Chest: 1 Stomach: 1 Limbs: 1
Level 10 (Multiplayer)
|Cost (Survival Mode)||
1.83 seconds (tactical), 2.10 seconds (empty)
|Rate of Fire||
1200 RPM (Capped)
The P99 is used by Yuri in "Stronghold"; this variant of the P99 has both a Silencer and Tactical Knife, called "P99 Tactical". Soap used one in Blood Brothers. Yuri also used one in a flashback, when attempting to stop the Zakhaev International Airport massacre. It is also used in "Bag and Drag" by Spetsnaz operatives in Last Stand.
The P99 is unlocked at level 10 in Multiplayer and has the highest firecap for any handgun at 1200 RPM. It also features the longest drop time in handgun category, which may be a problem if switching back to your primary, and has the highest damage up close of any of the low caliber handguns (the other two being the USP .45 and the Five Seven), but still kills in three shots up close as the others. It also features a slightly lower visual recoil than the USP .45, which is quite controllable. Similar to the USP .45, the silencer attachment will block out the iron sights, making aiming at long range targets more difficult.
The P99 is available for both Survival and Mission modes.
The P99 is the last handgun unlocked in Survival Mode at level 40 and costs $250. Its high damage of 49, while not noticeable in multiplayer as it comes just short of a two-hit kill, is quite noticeable in Survival Mode where enemies frequently have much higher health. This makes it one of the more effective low-caliber handguns, but it should be swapped for another weapon during later waves.
- Silencer - Unlocked at weapon level 2.
- Akimbo - Unlocked at weapon level 5.
- Tactical Knife - Unlocked at weapon level 7.
- Extended Mags - Unlocked at weapon level 10.
- On the left side of the gun, the words: "P99 TITANIUM COATED" can be seen.
- Like the Five Seven, the P99 is held with one hand.
- It shares a similar reload with the ASP, where the player takes the magazine out and puts a new one in with one hand.
- When using Akimbo, the left P99 will have the firing sound of the USP .45. This also happens with the Five Seven.
- The P99 has the same firing sound as the Five Seven.
- It is used by Yuri during the "No Russian" flashback. This is unusual, as the M9 was used by the security officers during the actual event.
- Soap carries a P99 as a backup to his USP .45 in "Blood Brothers". He draws it with his left hand while Price is helping him to the safehouse.
- Yuri has a P99 with a suppressor and tactical knife in "Stronghold", referred to as the "P99 Tactical". This is the only chance for the player to have two attachments on a sidearm in Modern Warfare 3.
- The iron sights on the P99 are slightly misaligned to the left.
- When aiming down the sights on the P99 with the suppressor equipped, the iron sights are covered making it somewhat harder to see when shooting.