Peleliu Island is an island in the nation of Palau, located in the South Pacific. It was featured for the first time in Call of Duty: World at War as well as its Nintendo DS version in a level based off the World War II Pacific Theater battle of the same name.
Call of Duty: World at WarEdit
In Call of Duty: World at War, half of the American campaign takes place on this island, following Pvt. Miller and his squad's role in the assault of the island. Specifically, the missions Little Resistance, Hard Landing, Burn 'em Out and Relentless take place there.
Call of Duty: World at War (Nintendo DS)Edit
In multiplayer, the maps Hill 26 and Island presumably take place in Peleliu or within the vicinity of the island.
- In Call of Duty: World at War, accurate maps of the Japanese forces on Peleliu can be found in-game single and multi-player.
- On the DS, what was meant to be the same map can be found, albeit more pixelized due to the Nintendo DS's lower graphical capability.
- Underneath the accurately-drawn map of peleliu, the three Japanese kanji reads: "big rocky island".
- Tank Dempsey has stated to have fought here.
- On hard landing it is possible to keep at least two tanks alive at the airfield